Frequent sharp vaginal pains

amc90

Reaction score
I know having sharp pains in your second trimester and up is fairly common but is it common to have them often? I was fine yesterday but last night I was having them very frequently to the point where it felt like a constant sharp ache. I work back to back until Thursday and then I am going on a vacation for a week. No time to book an appt with my obgyn. Thoughts?

Bump...

I tried calling the doctor today and had to leave them a voicemail after lunch. They called me back while closing and said they couldn't get to me in time and to call back tomorrow. I work as a nurse and will be working these next two nights. My FMLA is still being processed.

My pains will go away for a few minutes and then will come right back again. I've been treated for BV three times so far. Rather worried.

I should have read this before I posted mine...I'm getting sharp stabbing in my vagina & it's been going for about 20mins tonight. I get it occasionally during the day too.

So glad I'm not in this alone! That's how I would describe mine too. I will probably go in to the doctor tomorrow just to check. I know I will be exhausted with work but better to worry myself.

I had that in my first pregnancy. My OB calls it picket fence syndrome. Feels as sharp as being impaled on a picket fence. Can be quick stabby pains or longer. She said when baby touches things it refers pain to mother as the uterus is webbed with nerves. Not fun but all a part of pregnancy.

I hope that's what it is. I just noticed some slight tan rust colored discharge on my pad but so far all my discharge looks clear. Maybe it just dried that way.

Agree with 2have. I also notice it when bub is moving a lot and I'm guessing kicking my cervix? Also when I get gas xx Definitely nothing to stress about as our bodies are going through so many changes but bring it up at your next appointment xx No harm in quadruple checking <3

I had to go to the ER because I started passing coffee grounds. Turns out baby is fine. I was so scared. The reason why I'm hurting is because I'm having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic, or at least that's what they say so far. They have kept me for hours :(

Girl I feel for you, I have these pains off and on. They sometimes feel like someone is pinching my cervix. I did research on this and found it it's called "Lightning Crotch"...I know, what a name LOL. I read it can be from the uterus growing and putting pressure on just the right spot or it can be the baby kicking the cervix. Plus I heard some women say they got this from just sitting a certain way. This is my first pregnancy and my has it been a constant learning experience full of constant anxiety making sure the baby is ok. I'm 17 (almost 18) weeks pregnant and and getting all sorts of weird pains.

I hope you and the little one are doing well :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->