FRER confusing results, please help!!

Mary J

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Not sure if I'm posting in the write place, I hope I am, I'm sorry if I'm not - please let me know if it's wrong?!

I've been having some really confusing results from FRER tests the last few days - I have really irregular periods (i haven't had one in 4 months, but no I am sadly not preggers already :nope: )

I think I finally ovulated (having not done for a while) around the 17/18th so I think I'm about 10dpo :blush:

I have thought I was preg the last few months having missed so many af's etc, there was a lot of false hope (and a lot of money on tests!!) so I decided to hold off testing this time for as long as I could - so I started testing a couple of days ago after having a bizarre episode of 'lightning crotch' - that's the only way I can describe it!! It was so weird.

I've also had sore and veiny boobs, slight nausea esp. after food, so so tired and very crabby and I can smell everything way too much!

So - I tested with fmu yesterday and got a faint BFP, pink and lovely (I was so excited!!) I have had an issue with this before where they were fading to nothing after a few hours which made them bfn's sadly :( so I took another with smu which was a bfn... I was instantly sad.
I then took another this morning, another faint pink BFP, again I took another one with smu which was bfn.. Again I was sad.

I'm so confused! Why am I only getting bfps with FMU? I need to test with others at the same time I think as I've only been using these ones. I'm so nervous now though!

I've had no spotting and I would expect to feel different if they were true bfps for some reason - I can't quite believe it.

Please help - I'm driving myself insane, I don't want to talk to anyone about it until it's more confirmed... Please PLEASE help! :flower:

I can't give you an exact answer.. but I'm in the same boat with the frers. I was faintly positive on a couple ICs.. but totally negative on frer. Apparently as good as FRERs are, they can also not be the greatest for others. I'm testing again tonight with some walmart cheapies. If it's dark enough, I'll try a clear blue digi tonight.
Good luck to us both! :)
:dust:

Fmu is usually more concentrated than smu so even though frer says you can go any time of day fmu is still probably better. Also, did you drink a lot of fluids before smu? That can dilute it. You're also supposed to hold it for a few hours if you're not using fmu. I think you're probably preggers.

Here's one - this is from Thursday fmu...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 47
This one is from this morning :)

I hope you can see them! They were/are so clear in person

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 37
Fmu is usually more concentrated than smu so even though frer says you can go any time of day fmu is still probably better. Also, did you drink a lot of fluids before smu? That can dilute it. You're also supposed to hold it for a few hours if you're not using fmu. I think you're probably preggers.

I tried not to drink anything in between but it would have been about half an hour, maybe a bit more or less between each one so maybe it was just because there wasn't a long enough hold?

The other few I did during Thursday and today were bfn but again, I'd either been to the loo soon before or it was diluted and as if needed to go I just thought, oh why not, and done one. Some showed faint lines at faded after 15-20mins so counted them as bfns.

I've got some ic's but haven't used them with fmu so they haven't picked much up!

I guess I just need to try with a digi maybe tomorrow with fmu? Or in a couple of days? I've got a weeks estimator clear blue, I've heard they're quite sensitive so maybe that would pick something up that might put my mind at ease!

Thanks so much for your help all!!

Here's one - this is from Thursday fmu...

Sorry hun but I would say this is evap, it looks very grey to me?
Hope you get some definite answers soon

I know how hard it is to get cameras to pick up exactly what we are looking at- it's frustrating!

Looks positive to me, but then again it is a bit thin.

Tip for testing, Smu if held correctly is supposed to actually be better than fmu, because it will only contain the higher level HCG (if there is any) where as fmu holds a mix of both. Plus if your like me FMU isn't concentrated at all because there's masses of it from not peeing for over 8 hours.

Now, to get the correct concentration the only way iv found is to completely empty My bladder, empty again after 30 mins and then not drink or pee for another 4 yes 4 Hours. Then POAS :)

I really really hope it's a :bfp: for you x

I see the pink this one! :) I'm not sure about the second one that you posted, but I do see it here!! :) Hopefully this is a :bfp: for you! As hard as it is, I would only use internet/walmart cheapies for another 2 days or so, so that you can get your strong pink! :)

Hi I'm also having confusing results and hope you ladies may be able to shed some light. I'm not exactly sure when I ovulated. I had ewcm on the 24th and dtd that day. I'm guessing that I ovulated the next day. I took a frer on 2nd and attached is the pic. There was a clear faint pink line. I'm not sure if u can see it. I took another one and bfn or maybe there was something. Lol. Anyways took a dollar store test today and as you can see a really bold line. It look off place to me also not exactly straight. It started showing up about fifteen minutes after I took the test. What do u ladies think? Bfp or dye run? Btw really can't get a good pic of frer. It really is very faint

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh