FRER question

lindsloo

little bun's in the oven
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a question about first response early result. Quick background: I stopped using the nuvaring on December 13, 2011, and had withdrawal bleeding on 12/16, lasting about 4 days. I am pretty sure that I ovulated on 12/30, and my husband and I had unprotected sex. Jan 7th, I woke up and had some very light brown discharge that lasted for 2 days on and off. I have been getting horrible headaches the past few days also. I have taken several FRER tests the past few days, and all have been negative. Yesterday, however, I took a test and there was a VERY faint positive result. I held onto the test, and it got darker over the next few hours, and now looks very positive. I took a test later that day, and it was negative. Then I took one again today when I woke up, and it was again negative. Could I be pregnant and it is just too early for a clear result? or do you think that one test was just a false positive? I greatly appreciate any help that anyone can offer :) thanks so much!

It is best to use only FMU (first morning urine) with the FRER tests, as it is with other hpts, so make sure that's what you're doing. Also, I would only trust the results within the time period...after about an hour or so, they aren't very reliable.

It is possible you're pregnant...when do you expect AF?

thanks so much! since i just got off the nuvaring, im not exactly sure. im 90% sure that i did ovulate on 12/30/11, so AF would probably show up in the next few days. my cycles were very regular before i started bc. what really has me wondering if im pregnant is the brownish discharge that i had about 8 days post ovulation. and the headaches. ive also noticed some mild nausea without vomiting. i will be thrilled if i am pregnant even though we arent trying, i just want to know!!

It could be implantation bleeding...it's possible. I would wait until you are about 15 or 16 dpo, and if AF hasn't arrived, then test the next morning. I like to err on the side of later testing, as to not get my hopes up too much.

Best of luck!

thanks so much! i know im kind of starting to get excited about the possibility! so do you think that positive was a fluke? ive heard of people looking at negative tests a few hours later and seeing a positive result...and it was faint..i mean VERY faint....when i first tested but it was definitely pink and not an evap line...just got consistently darker with time...ugh i dont know what to think haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->