Friends wedding

DonnyDoo

Reaction score
My friends is getting married in august, and typically I bought a beautiful dress but it deffo wont fit (size 8 clingy thing)

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get pretty maternity evening wear?
Ive looked online but all a bit pricey, is there any high street stores that are good for this?

Bearing in mind I'll be 21 weeks gone, but still wanna look nice!

Me too, Ive got a friends wedding in July and will be 23 weeks, and really cant find anything! x

Oooooh totally gorge dresses on isabella oliver the clothes are amazing!!

try a wrap dress and just lots of accesories; there are reasonable ones in GAP maternity or isabelle oliver if you want to spend a bit more...

I'm same, I have one in August (my OH's dad getting re-married) and I'll be 38 weeks!!

Looked everywhere but I think I'd might aswell buy a tent.

I wore a black wrap dress yesterday and accesorised it with fab shoes and bright flower corsage. Was very comfy too and it looked really flattering too. Also treat yourself to having your hair done too is definitely the best way. Or go onto blooming marvellous website as they have some lovely bits on there too.

mothercare had a really nice skirt and matching top when I was there the other week which I thought could work for a wedding - with a nice scarf or hat or something to jazz it up?!:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51aTeV5yAaL._SX315_SY375_.jpg

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...cpl_look/202-8814617-2696648?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

to avoid the whole sack thing though I'd agree it's best to either go for something tight - a wrap around dress - or a top and smart fitted trosusers.

mothercare had a really nice skirt and matching top when I was there the other week which I thought could work for a wedding - with a nice scarf or hat or something to jazz it up?!:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51aTeV5yAaL._SX315_SY375_.jpg

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...cpl_look/202-8814617-2696648?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

to avoid the whole sack thing though I think it's best to either go for something tight - a wrap around dress - or though or a top and smart fitted trosusers.

I like that, if you wanted you could aways sinch it in with a stretchy belt or even a silky scarf! I'll be huge so being able to sit in the pew will be my biggest problem. I do like that though thats the best I've seen so far.

My friends is getting married in august, and typically I bought a beautiful dress but it deffo wont fit (size 8 clingy thing)

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get pretty maternity evening wear?
Ive looked online but all a bit pricey, is there any high street stores that are good for this?

Bearing in mind I'll be 21 weeks gone, but still wanna look nice!

ebay have some amazing dresses and very cheap

hehehehe BeckyBoo I LOVED your tent comment... that's EXACTLY how I felt the other day shopping for a dress for my friends wedding!!! hehe

Very last minute as the mall was closing I found a cute black and white dress that tied just under the boobs... It killed me to buy an XL ... BUT it worked!!! I am only 23 weeks right now... so it will be trickier to find one for August... we are pretty fortunate this summer that todays fashion is really accomodating pregnant ladies with the umpire waist lines and ties under the boobs!

Good luck on your dress hunt!

OH YA... If you have an RW & Company where you are at... they tried to get me to wear this purple dress, it was very cute and would deffinatly work with a big belly! Just wasn't my color... also came in a sun yellow!!!

x0x

Are you in the wedding or attending it? We went to a wedding and I wore black pinstripe capris, a black simple chic maternity top, red earrings/bracelet and red pointed toe heels. It was simple but the accessories added to it. At 21 weeks, you wont be huge. You might not even be showing much at all. Maybe you can get the dress you bought altered a little to fit?

I agree with the others Isabella Oliver or Next. Or better still, look for Isabella Oliver on Ebay.

I'm going to a friends wedding weekend after next and I'll be 22 weeks. I've bought a dress from pumpkin patch that was really reasonable!! I'm going to dress it up with accessories (and I've had my hair cut :) )

xx

oh my god i am due to go to a wedding 3 weeks prior to my due date i can understand your dilemna

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->