Fright Night! x

Starchase

Mother of 5 year old
Reaction score
Why oh why do these babies do this to us,... last night I had my tea/evening meal and had a weird feeling that I hadn't really felt much movement from my little rollercoaster :wacko: When I went to my bed I was freaked out she hadn't been moving and she nudged me a couple of times defo not a kick or roly poly!! She never ever stops so what the h*** was she doing I lay awake all last night and it didn't get any better...

Went to the matty unit this morning got put on the belt and was left there for 30mins to get a good print out of what she is up to as far as they are concerned good news she is moving and good heart rate so why don't I feel better? Is it because I am waiting for things to go wrong again :shrug:
Her heart beat was slower to me didn't sound like a galloping horse like it usually does and she is still not moving like she has been in the past.. heart rate was variable which they said was good but it was 126 - 142.

I really wanna stop freaking out but petrified this could be placenta starting to fail like last time as DS did the exact same thing at 28 weeks and placenta completely failed at 32wks!! I do have my growth scan with placenta check a week today, will she be ok for the week?

:shrug: Xxxx

I'm probably a bit paranoid, but I believe in mother's instinct. If anything's bothering you, don't feel embarrassed to ask again or keep going back till you are satisfied in yourself. Saying that, I'm sure if they say LO is fine, they will be, so don't panic, just don't feel bad about making sure you feel happy about it.

Dont forget also, her movements will probably start to slow because she will be getting bigger so less room in there :)

I freaked out about this time too.. cos I went from 'oh my gosh this is crazy movements' to 'holy shit wtf happened'

Goodluck:hugs:

i am exremely paranoid abou movement too and i strongly believe in mothers intuition!! if u feel somehing still isnt right then go back and ask to be hooked up again. do what you feel is neccesary to make u feel comfortable :hugs: xxx

I'm sure baby is fine if uve been checked over and they say all is fine. But I do believe that we know when something is wrong.
I knew when I was just over 27weeks that something wasn't right, my movements stopped completely and the only thing I felt was tightnens every so often. Turns out my placenta was failing and she had not grown for a few weeks so she was whipped out at 28+6. even though my midwife thought there was nothing wrong, it was some1 else who told her to tell me to get to hospital to get checked over. Had baby took out next day cause she was in such bad shape.
My Mw just said to go see her the next week, stupid lady, just cause I never had headaches she didn't think it was pre-eclampsia even though my bp was sky high and +protein in urine etc. (I was gonna go to hospital anyway that night but she called to say she was talking with other mw's)
So I know that we can tell if something isn't right so I would go with Ur instincts and ask to be monitored again b4 Ur next appointment. It could just be fear because u've been through it b4 but better to put Ur mind at rest.

Thank u so much ladies well that's me just back from matty unit again she is still not moving as much as she was and any movement feels like it did in the beginning the trace was good however her hb sat at 112 - 128 alot rather than high 140's Like she usually does.. She did some proper kicks against the monitor though which made me feel bit better, the mw phoned the labour ward and they have requested I have another CTG done on fri morning and then I get my proper planned growth and placenta scan on Monday fx'd everything ok

Xxx

Thank u so much ladies well that's me just back from matty unit again she is still not moving as much as she was and any movement feels like it did in the beginning the trace was good however her hb sat at 112 - 128 alot rather than high 140's Like she usually does.. She did some proper kicks against the monitor though which made me feel bit better, the mw phoned the labour ward and they have requested I have another CTG done on fri morning and then I get my proper planned growth and placenta scan on Monday fx'd everything ok

Xxx

hi see your from scotland which hospital do you attend, when we had problems with last pregnancy due to decreased growth and little movement we had CTG on a Mon Wed and Fri and scan Mon and Fri from week 24 until they decided it was time to deliver

Hiya Claire,

I have just updated my saga on IUGR thread, my hospital is Ninewells in Dundee does the restrictive blood flow on the cord ring true for you? Was it Ellie that they diagnosed IUGR for, my registrar told me that they act upon the CTG rather than scans at this stage

Xxxx

Hiya Claire,

I have just updated my saga on IUGR thread, my hospital is Ninewells in Dundee does the restrictive blood flow on the cord ring true for you? Was it Ellie that they diagnosed IUGR for, my registrar told me that they act upon the CTG rather than scans at this stage

Xxxx

yeah we had a our scan at 22 weeks and they said that hey couldnt measure her legs properly could I go back on the Tues so thinking it was a straigt forward scan I went alone and there was 2 consultants waiting to scan me as the baby was well undersized and 2 they couldnt see the cerebellum in her brain I was raging, shocked upset cause I was there myself

Anyway got transferred to Southern General to the fetal monitoring unit for more detailed scans that Fri, so Peter and I went and Ellie was measuring at 14 weeks and after a more detailed scan he brain was all there

We were then taken to a room to discus why she might not me growing and given the next 4 reasons

1. Pacauds syndrome - baby would die before birth
2. Edwards syndrome - baby would live from a min to a year but be severly disabled
3. I had picked up a viral infection and passed it on
4. placenta wasnt working properly

they said it was probably 1 or 2 and should terminate!!! and we should think about having an amnio done, we done it there and then, not cause we would terminate just so we knew what to expect

After 2 long weeks all the results came back clear and we were now looking at IUGR and was a placenta problem

we were then told we should have weekly scans a CTG so thats what happened on a Fri, til I was 28 weeks and she still wasnt showing signs of growing. my weeks go to pot here!!! I got steroid injections to mature the lungs just incase she came early, IUGR can trigger PROM and you can go into labour, also we then got a scan on a mon, wed and fri along with ctg and bloods from me. We were told that a scan is the only way to monitor IUGR as the measure the size of the baby using abdomen measurements,

maybe there was something other than IUGR they were concerned about with me but if your not happy ask for more scans x

oh just noticed the restricted blood flow this can only be done via scan they put a diff doppler on and they check the peaks on the blood flow through the scan xx

Thank u so much Claire my son has a metabolic disorder called Fatty acid oxidation which basically means any amount of fasting can be fatal for him therefore I am abit freaked out about this wee one any chance that the cord or placenta might fail will be devastating for her. I'm hoping the consultants will all get together on Monday and work out the best plan of action for her Xxx

Thank u so much Claire my son has a metabolic disorder called Fatty acid oxidation which basically means any amount of fasting can be fatal for him therefore I am abit freaked out about this wee one any chance that the cord or placenta might fail will be devastating for her. I'm hoping the consultants will all get together on Monday and work out the best plan of action for her Xxx

just make a point and explain that you have spoken to someone about it with the same problem and that their care in your eyes was much better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->