From planned waterbirth to emergency c-section - the birth story of my baby girl!

LadyGecko

Mummy to DD1, DD2 & 5 Ang
Reaction score
Well at 40+2 (wed am) I had an appointment with the Mw and consultant as my little peanut had still not arrived and we had reduced fetal movement so that same wed afternoon we went in to start the induction process as my cervix was high and closed I wasnt favorable for a membrane sweep so it was straight to the prostaglandin pessery for me I had my first at 6pm and wasnt due to be checked again until 7am the foolowing morning however at 5am I started contracting so I was strapped up to the trace machine and my contrations were every 6 mins and very strong....I thought this is it so when the mw checked me and said I was only 1 cm dilated I felt completly defeated:cry: so I had two more pesseries inserted over the thursday and on friday morning (9am) the consultant checked and there wasnt any change so it was decided that I would be having and emergency C-section that morning!

so at 10.15am a nurse arrived to take me and dh downstairs to get prepped for theater, dh was taken to get scrubs while i was taken in and the anaesthesiologist set to work on putting in my spinal block....after 3 failed attempts another anaesthesiologist was brought in, then another finally 4 anaesthesiologist's they were ready to give up and a general anesthesia was the only option left...i was devistated i had went from a water birth to an emergency section and now i wasnt even going to remember my baby being born....after lots of tears and begging the senior anaesthetist for one last attempt at a spinal block it finally worked!

not even ten mins after the spinal block had worked i heard the most wonderful sound ...my baby crying at 11:56am ...she was wisked by me i didnt even get a look at her...dh went with her and all i could hear was this wonderful strong cry and a few minutes later dh returned carrying our beautiful baby girl Rhanna weighing 8lbs 11oz after about 30mins of smiles, tears and Rhanna crying for a feed i was finally able to have skin to skin with my daughter as we were wheeled to recovery....I was feeling overwelmed and pretty rought i had lost over 3 pints of blood during the surgery and my pulse was very high....painkillers were making everything a bit fuzzy but through all of that i managed to get my hungry baby girl latched and she had her first feed at not even an hour old:haha:

10 hours later i was finally transfered to a ward with my wonderful little princess

Rhanna - born 11:56am 30th Sept, weighing 8lb11oz with a full head of beautiful brown hair and big bright eyes!

Rhanna and mummies first cuddle
https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313169_10150840858185043_856445042_21035133_1012926400_n.jpg

congratulations, sounds similar to my story!! glad everything worked out in the end, she is gorgeous! xxx

Congratuations!!! She is beautiful!! How are you feeling with the C-section recovery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->