Frozen veg to make meals?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi.
We buy our carrots, peas, broccoli, green beans and sweetcorn frozen as we eat it daily and it lasts a lot longer.
Can I use frozen veg to make my daughters purées?
She's nearly 5 months and having 3 meals a day.
Is frozen veg ok, or is it's nutritional value much less?

I use some frozen because we are 75 odd miles from a supermarket, frozen is just as good but I was told no sweetcorn until 12months, not sure why? My wee boy loves it :blush:

Hmm maybe because of choking?
I BLW my eldest and she loved/s corn on the cob!

I did....

Frozen veg is actually a lot healthier for babies then canned because most canned foods have high sodium levels. I would steam frozen veg and purée it. I liked doing it that way actualky because I could buy a mixed pack and make different combinations for him. I'm in Canada, we just don't have fresh produce year round, I still give him frozen veg (not purreed).

Frozen veg actually has more nutritional value in most cases than fresh (if you buy it already frozen) as it's frozen usually within a few hours after picking rather than sitting around for a week before you buy it. Just check the salt content. Some frozen veg has added salt to improve taste (you won't know it unless you read the label) and I wouldn't give that to a baby until closer to a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->