frustrated

todteach

Dreams can come true
Reaction score
I think that we may have to put off trying. I was really excited about trying to get pregnant again after my miscarriage in May. But, after meeting with my neurologist, he wants to send me in for a cat scan, b/c I haven't had one in four years. I have been having one sided migraines recently and asked him about them at my appt.

Now to brief you on my history.....when I was eight years old I had a cerebral aneurysm, and now have a clip on a malformed vein in my brain. I have competely recovered. When I became pregnant my regular doctor mentioned that she was uncomfortable with natural childbirth, fearing that when it came time to push, I could have the clip burst. I hadn't even thought about this. So, she set up an appt for me with the neurologist that I have previously seen.

Now after having gone through a considerable amount of stress, I recentley had an irregular headache. It seemed to be just on the side that my surgery was done and lasted most of the week. Typically I would think nothing of it. I've had migraines for ten years. But I started worrying that the clip may have moved after twenty years and I could possibly die if blood was leaking into my brain. So.....of course I started having panic attacks and scared to go to sleep, fearing that I wouldn't wake up. (btw i've never had panic attacks and thought omg it's a heart attack)

Anyways, the neurologist put my mind at ease telling me that chances are slim, after having fully recovered twenty years ago, that anything would happen now (unless I was hit forcefully in the head) provided that the surgeon did my surgery properly. He then told me that I will be contacted by his receptionist for a cat scan appt.

He told me if I were to get pregnant again there are other ways to have children i.e. c-section.

Now this may sound selfish, but I want to be pregnant now! I don't want to have to wait forever and a day for a cat scan appointment that may or may not be scheduled within the next nine months. I am also unable to have an mri b/c of the clip. Ahh! So frustrating. I even called his office to speak to his receptionist today, to see if they had made my appt. Guess what? They're closed this week for holidays. And in between you and me, I'm due to ovulate this week. Guess I'll have to wait. :cry:

First of all, I'm so sorry about your loss :hugs:

Second, you aren't being selfish at all! It's perfectly natural. I know how hard it is to wait when you KNOW you're ovulating!! Believe me I do.

See, what the doctor says after your appt. You never know, you may just be back in the game.

Best of luck to you. :hug:

Sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself first, get the scan, make sure your all okay and then start trying again. You'll be able to try without worrying every time you go to bed. Worrying yourself sick isn't good for you and certainly not good during a pregnancy. Things might move really quickly for you, call the doc's reception again in a week and keep chasing them until you get answers/letters/appointments. Once you get this scan over and done with you'll can relax and enjoy trying and then enjoy a relaxed healthy pregnancy.

Sending you a :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"