FSH injections for IUI

Mdc

Reaction score
Just a question for those of you who have done an injectable IUI cycle. How many days of injections did you do before you triggered? I have only seen on calendar on line. I am trying to line up my first cycle but of course DH is traveling so me being a control freak is trying to lay out options :haha:

Thanks!

It's hard to know....

I have had 3 IUIs with injectables, either follistim or follistim + menopur. On one I injected 4 days & had the IUI on CD 9. Then, for the next I injected for 5 days, nothing happened so I stopped for 7 days, then did 7 more days of injections, and finally had my IUI on CD 25. And the final IUI was more like the first injectable one, with the IUI happening on CD 12. Usually, the meds speed up follicle growth, but sometimes things get wonky.

It's really difficult to schedule life around this process, but GL to you!! :flower:

Thanks Vonn, wow, that is different than what I have read. What day do you usually O on yourself? I knew inj would likely make you O early, but not sure if I thought that early.

Vonn, I also saw you asked a question on another thread (yes I thread stalk :haha: ) about withdrawing from estrogen and bleeding. It made me do a little research because I think I may have had the same thing this month ( I thought it was super early AF) I need to do a little more research, however it looks maybe a fast drop after you stop E2 could cause some breakthrough bleeding. Same thing happens if a women gets her ovaries removed and it causes a E2 withdrawal bleed.

This is my first cycle with injectables. I did 8 days of injections before trigger. It was slightly early than my usual O date.

No shame in thread stalking, MDC, I do it too!! I think you are right about the breakthrough bleeding, but I wish it wasn't so close to the amount I usually bleed for AF. That makes it soooo confusing! And I wish the nurse would have told me that was a possibility, or that it might slow/stop follicle growth. Wasn't aware of that either. GL to you, you're getting closer, I'm sure of it! :flower:

Oh yeah, estrogen total stopped my follie growth in Dec and almost stalled me this month. My withdrawal bleed (at least that is what I am calling it) was like day 1 of my period so I hear you it totally freaked me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->