FTM.....breech baby.....31 weeks! Chances of turning?

sue_88

Reaction score
Any first babies that were breech at 31 weeks who still turned?!

Found out yesterday my girl is head up, shes flipped some point in the last 3 weeks, and now pancking she won't turn.
My fluid is good 6.1cm deepest pool and the normal range is 3-8cm so hoping shes got enough room to flip back!

My baby was still breech at 34 weeks but he's turned now. Hopefully your little girl will turn also :D

Mine turned at 37 weeks. they don't run out of space until around then :)

My baba also decided to go breech at around 34 weeks briefly after being headdown since 20 weeks ,the little madam....When i went for my midwife appointment she said that they only really check at week 36 because they can turn and go back to head down.......well I am 36 weeks today and she is now back to head down and is engaged 3/5.
My midwife also said that if she was still breech at 36 weeks then I would have a scan etc and they would keep a close eye on me, so you will be well taken care of if your baby doesnt turn in time but she prob will, she has plenty of time :)

Still got plenty of time my son was breech at 34 weeks but head down and engaged at 36week midwife appointement. Try not to worry I was advised to bounce on birthing ball and try to sit leaning forward rather than back with your legs up which seemed to do the trick! :)

You have ages, the midwife won't even bother talking about it until you get to 36 weeks :)

My 1st was breech until I was about 35 weeks and turned on her own :) x

Hi, just to let you know that I was booked in for a section to go ahead on 7 May due to breech and at pre op on Friday I had a scan and he's turned head down, he tuned between the scans I had at 38 and 39 weeks so you've got plenty of time. I didn't do anything to make him turn apart from being on all fours for 5 mins a day (stopped after 5 mins as my back and hips would hurt!)
Please don't panic, there is loads of time, just try and forget about it for now and enjoy your final few months of pregnancy. X

Mine turned around week 34-35 after being breech this whole pregnancy. You still have plenty of time! :)

Cool, great thanks everyone!! :) I guess baby will do what she wants to do! :)

I'm 30 weeks with twins. My Baby A has been breech for several weeks. I asked the MFM what the chance of him turning is and was told about 10%. I'm not sure if it's lower because of twins.

Remember that you're still very entitled to do a trial of labour even if your baby doesn't turn. I was booked for a homebirth for my last pregnancy, and at the literal last moment (like, when I was already past the due date) the midwife rang and said she had been thinking about the palpation she did (2 days previously) and..could she check again? I knew instantly what she meant....I asked and she said yes, she thought baby was breech, and she'd send someone round later to have a second opinion (labour was showing NO signs of starting anyway...) -in those few hours I really had to have a think and re-assess my plans, if it was true and baby was breech. I knew there would very likely be no midwives who felt comfortable and experienced with a home breech delivery, and I wouldn't have wanted to I don't think- but I did decide that I wouldn't accept a C section due to breech position, although Iwould have gone to hospital. So you know, do your research, try and get info from a variety of places, and be armed with your own knowledge and therefore decision. Try and find out the level of expertise of midwives in your hospital etc, perhaps ask around on some of these forums to see if anyone has a story for you, positive or negative. There's only one position they literally will NOT come out vaginally in, and that is transverse- all others I have heard about and see, none with any complications (provided someone is familiar with and experienced with it) ..Just a different take/opnion on it. x

My friend has just gone into labour at 37+5 weeks and her baby was breech til last night so they can turn right before labour

My baby is small and active. She moves from head down, to breech to transverse all in the same day, regularly. It's crazy how much they can still move at this point.

My little'ns weight is 4lb so just over average now, I remember a couple of weeks ago I had a major fidget, didn't think anything of it but I bet that's what she was doing! I just had no idea :shrug:

I've got a bouncy ball so I'll keep on that & get on all fours! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->