ftm deciding on a carrier

Jett55

Reaction score
I really want to wear my baby ever since I was pregnant I wanted a baby wrap. But man there are so many to pick from. I'm thinking about a ring sling since they suggest them for smaller babies but I can't make up my mind. What would you baby wearing mamas suggest?

A ring sling can totally work for a little squish with a couple pointers easily found on YouTube or websites.

For me a stretchy wrap was amazing to have for the newborn phase. They come in lots of brands and names: moby, boba ect. I made my own out of a stretchy jersey knit. Any night that my son fussed I popped him in that stretchy wrap so he was swaddled up against me, could hear my heart and my voice and my movements and the best thing was that you could pre tie it and 'pop' baby in and out when you run errands instead of bringing the car seat and stroller.

You can usually find them second hand for cheaper because they can only be used to a certain weight, whereas a ring sling can be used for much longer. I joined a local babywearing group that was fabulously kind and helpful for all my babywearing questions (as well as linking me to second hand carriers)

Ringsling or stretchy wrap would be fabulous for a little baby. Or one of each seeing as they are so cheap.

I've never owned a ring sling. But I would recommend a stretchy wrap for the early days, then moving on to a woven wrap x

If you prefer a soft structured type carrier I used an ergo from birth which was great, but I didn't buy the newborn insert.... just swaddled dd in a blanket and put her in the ergo x

saying that you can get really soft buttery wovens that can be used from birth :) it all depends what you fancy.

i've not tried a ring sling and personally i'm not 100%. i like how there are passes other than just the seat in a ring sling.

Hmm my dh is going to buy me one this weekend & I'm leaning towards a wrap now then maybe get a sling later. Thank you for all the input & appreciate any suggestions :)

Yes, you can use a woven from birth too, and skip buying a stretchy.... they're just less forgiving that a stretchy when trying to learn. Some find it easier to learn on a stratchy and then go on to a woven.

Good idea about going for wrap 1st and then on to ssc. Although ssc can be used from birth, they just don't seem as snuggly. But they are highly convenient for when lo is older, esp if you decide to carry them on your back x

Mei tais can also be good ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->