Fun way of telling parents?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
So...I haven't told my parents yet. Partly because of the troubles with the hematoma and delayed growth which is now not an issue anymore, and partly because they won't be too happy.

I was a stay at home mom for some time, worked from home some and also a bit of part time...and they just really want to see me back in a career like the jobs I used to work in New York. My mother is the business woman type, work is her life. I'm not like that, kids are my life now :D
I think they will come around eventually, they love my son.

I was thinking about doing some sort of fun reveal. Maybe a small treasure hunt inside their house? But how could I do this without giving away too much and does anyone have ideas as far as the clues go? I am clueless right now.

I was even thinking I could let my sister in on it since she recently thought she might be pregnant and confuse them a bit? :D

Wow, no ideas? Sorry if this was a difficukt question. I was hoping someone mught have better ideas than me.

Have you tried googling for ideas? We don't have parents to tell so I haven't any ideas, but before we did our announcement on FB i googled ways of doing it as wanted to do something different than putting scan pic up

You could spin a joke on having a future business partner? Perhaps by drawing/getting a card that has a baby all dressed up for work.

I'm terrible at ideas haha

All I can think of otherwise is having a big briefcase with a tiny briefcase sitting next to it. :rofl: Something cute like that could appeal to her working side and butter her up a bit though :)

The business thing might actually be a good idea! :D

I could make it seem as if I was hired for a new job and mail a package to their house in my name. Ask them not to open it as it is equipment for my new job...and then start pulling baby stuff out :happydance:

I would try to make it not too obvious...maybe a letter that looks like a real business letter but the text has some clues hidden, then some supplements like folic acid, decaf, elastics for pants just subtle hints to start out. Towards the end there is going to be actual baby items? Oh and the business card could be "Mom Inc." or something.

I'm not too much into big reveals. I did a reveal for the sex of the baby and had a really good time with it though but they were looking forward to it probably almost as much as me, so it was a moment to share.

I'm not sure they'd enjoy a game or playful announcement of pregnancy if they don't want to see you pregnant again in the first place...? Or maybe I'm just being a downer! I felt that way about my parents so I just told them in the simplest way possible and same as you, they love my kids and couldn't imagine things any other way now.

I'm not too much into big reveals. I did a reveal for the sex of the baby and had a really good time with it though but they were looking forward to it probably almost as much as me, so it was a moment to share.

I'm not sure they'd enjoy a game or playful announcement of pregnancy if they don't want to see you pregnant again in the first place...? Or maybe I'm just being a downer! I felt that way about my parents so I just told them in the simplest way possible and same as you, they love my kids and couldn't imagine things any other way now.

I thought about the possibility of just telling them since I know they won't be too happy. But then I thought that this would totally disregard the fact that my husband and me are very exited and take away or opportunity for a fun reveal.
My family does these type of games for birthdays and such. So that itself would agree with them. And also I think a cute reveal would soften them up a bit.
Nothing too lengthy but mailing the package to their house and then unpacking mysterious items and in the end pull out a onesie etc.

So I printed these two images on photo paper and will let them guess what it is. I think my dad will get the needles and my mom the prego eggo collage since she speaks better English.

My idea is that the company's name is Prego Eggo :haha: and that's where I will be working (They don't know the brands sikce they are German). So I will say I got a job at Prego Eggo and start pulling out a few things I need for the job - An invitation to an open house event with a menu of pickles and ice cream or so, Folic Acid, Decaf, Belly Band a large Shirt with a battery symbol like the ones when you charge your phone and it says 40%...and somehow get them to open a small box that will contain a onesie and ultrasound images hidden under something random.
My grandma will get a printed knitting pattern for a baby jacket I think ;)

Attachments

• RfAW53q-e1427806464994_mh1445949130596.jpg
    RfAW53q-e1427806464994_mh1445949130596.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PhotoGrid_1445949435429.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1445949435429.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1
Could you not use your son in the reveal? I put my daughter in a top saying I'm the big sister and it took a while for mother in law to click. Xx

Could you not use your son in the reveal? I put my daughter in a top saying I'm the big sister and it took a while for mother in law to click. Xx

Well the shirt thing they would get right away though. I want to confuse them a little bit :D like they do with me when they wrap birthday or Xmas presents. My dad always makes it a little game and misleads us at first with wrong packaging etc.

Hey we have the same due date ;) xx

Awesome! :) There seem to be many late April babies. Maybe late July was just the time for love ^^.

Post pictures!!! We gotta see this :)

I just had my daughter walk in with a "best big sister" shirt on. Our big reveal was gender!

Post pictures!!! We gotta see this :)

I just had my daughter walk in with a "best big sister" shirt on. Our big reveal was gender!

That is very cute! ^^ I will take pictures for sure. I am planning to share next weekend possibly. Still trying to find a tiny onesie with some cute words on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->