Fundal Height 2 weeks behind at 39 weeks

redneckhippy

Reaction score
My fundal height has been spot on or a few days ahead the whole time, however since 36 weeks it has stayed at 37 cm. My MW says it's probably because the baby is engaged, but she's having me go in for a scan this afternoon to check fluid levels. Does anyone have any experience with that? Is it normal to not have any increase for the last few weeks?

I have read that this often happens in the last few weeks of labour when the baby drops down. My fundal height always measured two weeks behind in my last two pregnancies and with my DD I was sent for a growth scan as they thought she was small, however she was almost 9lbs and my son, who I also measured two weeks behind with was just short of 10lbs.

My OB told me that once I drop, my fundal height will no longer be spot on.

My dr said numbers are somewhat irrelevant after 36 weeks. Probably just beig cautious.

I haven't had a personal experience with it. But I was told by a nurse the other day that the fundal height isn't as reliable at the very end because the uterus does change position as the baby gets into position to be born.

Yes, fundal height is not accurate after 36 weeks as baby engages and drops into your pelvis. You have nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->