Fundal height

PrincessJJ

Reaction score
I'm measuring small on my fundal height.... So my midwife has booked me in for an emergency consultant appointment/scan at 9.10 today.
I'm a little worried that baby girl isn't growing properly :( xxx

Hope all is well, fundal height isn't a very accurate way of telling if baby is small or not but it's best just to get checked out anyway. For example, I was measuring bang on or bigger with fundal height my whole last pregnancy and she was born small and my friend whos tummy was measuring small had an 8lb baby. Its good they are keeping an eye on it anyway. Good luck xxx

They did a growth scan and all they really said was baby is lying transverse and she was rather small.... I mean am I supposed to be concerned or what? She said they will book me in for a scan at 32weeks and if she's still small we will need to discuss the possibility of steroids?! I did try to ask more questions but she said no point worrying until next scan.... Do they expect me to just forget between now and then?xxx

Hey PrincessJJ - I had my 28 week appointment yesterday (was 27+5) and measured 27cm - midwife said that's fine and they usually don't worry unless about 3cm out either side, so hopefully all will be ok with you. They think my baby is transverse too! I hope they start turning soon....

Try not to worry too much - I know it's hard - I'm having a growth scan at 33 weeks (they seem to do it routinely at my hospital) so will see then...waiting is not easy! xx

Hey PrincessJJ - I had my 28 week appointment yesterday (was 27+5) and measured 27cm - midwife said that's fine and they usually don't worry unless about 3cm out either side, so hopefully all will be ok with you. They think my baby is transverse too! I hope they start turning soon....

Try not to worry too much - I know it's hard - I'm having a growth scan at 33 weeks (they seem to do it routinely at my hospital) so will see then...waiting is not easy! xx

You've made me feel a little better thank u. I do think my midwife is quite panicky about anything that's not perfect.... Which is probably better than her being too relaxed but she does nearly give me a heart attack sometimes.
Iv heard that a birthing ball often makes transverse babies turn so I'm quite tempted to get mine out early and encourage her to move, she doesn't seem to like being upside down though lol.
Fingers crossed both our babies are just lay funny and giving us a small bump cus of it lol xxx

My midwife said the other day that you can measure 2cm either side. It's not an accurate way to measure baby. Don't worry. At least you are getting another scan to see baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->