Fundraising Ball - Stirling

PrincessPea

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
I have just posted the story of my daughter Jessica so thought I would go on to tell you about the Fundraising Ball one of my friends is holding for the Neonatal Unit at Stirling Royal Infirmary. I know this will only apply to people who live nearby and maybe have experience of the unit so sorry if you have come in to read and it doesnt apply!

One of my friend raises money for charity on a yearly basis and every year she chooses a different charity to donate the money to. After hearing the experience we have been through she has very kindly decided to donate the proceeds of 2011's fundraising to the Neonatal Unit at SRI.

One of the events she is holding is a Red Carpet Grand Ball at the Golden Lion Hotel on 24th September 2011. If anyone lives close enough and would like to attend and wants more details please let me know.

Many Thanks for reading my post.

I can't promise I will be there as that would involve planning waaaaaaay in the future. But I will certainly contribute.

i would love to be there!!! Camerons 'aunties' were wonderful and i have been trying to think of a way to raise money for them. this is perfect :) can i have the details please? can u tell your friend thanks so much xxx

Hey Wantabean

Thank you for your support, that was exactly how we felt, that nothing we could 'buy' them as such as a gift would ever be enough to say thank you, so we handed in a token gift and decided that fundraising was the best way to repay them as I remember one of them saying early on that they didnt expect gifts and would rather any monies went into the 'pot' for the unit.

So the ball is on 24th Sept 2011 at The Golden Lion Hotel - 1830 hours - 0200 hours. Tickets are £65 per person which includes a 4 course meal, a drink on arrival and entry into a special raffle. There are also discounted rooms available should you wish to stay.

So far we have confirmed Des McLean as host, a Michael Buble tribute act, music, a piper, a photographer and loads of other stuff I cant remember off the top of my head!!! (baby brain!!! lol)

If you are on facebook there is a dedicated page 'Jessica's Ball', please feel free to add it. https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=176183449078520

or me! https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=595322507

email [email protected] t reserve tickets (£20 deposit per ticket) and for full details - my friends name is Libby.

I will certainly pass on your thanks to my friend, she truly is a fantastic person for organising this.

Libby and my hubby and some others (including Linda from the unit!) are doing a sponsored skydive in June if you brave!!!! lol

ill comne to the ball and will get all my family 2 aswell but no way im throwing myself out a plane lol my oh might be up for it though so ill ask him. will add both pages the now :) xxx

have put the ball page on my profile and have asked all my mates and family to either attend or make a donation :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->