Funeral attire

sparkle_bump

Reaction score
One of my closest friends just lost her daughter and of course I will be attending the funeral. She's requested that no black is worn, she wants everyone to wear bright colours but are there any colours that would be considered inappropriate despite this request?

I really don't want to offend her family and I don't obviously want to badger her about what others will be wearing.

Any helpful input is welcome!

If she's requested bright colours I'd put on a lovely bright sweater and not worry about offending since that's what she's asked for. I think the family will be on board. It'd be more offensive to wear black knowing she's wanting bright colours. Sorry to hear about the loss, I couldn't imagine the pain of losing a child:cry:

I agree with the above. I'd just wear any colour you love or maybe your friends favourite colour if you know it. I'm sure your friend will just be happy your there to surpport her.

So sorry for everyone's loss.

I agree, the only off limits colour here would be black. Your friend will just be pleased for the support.
I am very sorry for the loss, a very difficult time all round.

My cousins 3yo passed last year and she requested bright colors as well. Her daughters favorite colors were pink and orange so that's what I went with. So sorry for her loss

Thank you all for your input. I was just worried about coming across as too bright but you're right, having the support there is the main thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->