Gaining too much too fast

Bella12

Reaction score
My midwife was not concerned about my weight gain at last appointment but I am a little. I started out at 94 pounds and I'm 5ft 2 inches. I'm presently 15 weeks and have already gained 12 pounds. All of my apps say my weight gain is excessive. I eat fairly healthy and I'm a special education teacher which means I'm usually doing laps around my building providing my students with movement breaks or chasing them after a melt down.

Anybody else put on a lot of weight early on?

I'm tiny so when my body is starving, I eat. I just try to make it healrhy. I was told my past miscarriages was due to low bmi.

Hoping I'm not the only one who put on a lot early on.

I'm 16 weeks and I've put on ten pounds. My Dr says it's totally fine but I can't help but think of my last pregnancy when I gained 45 pounds. Even then my Dr said that was fine too as I was underweight to start. Seems like the skinnier you are the more you gain.

That's right, the lower your bmi the more you need to gain. Your body has no reserves and baby will take what it needs regardless. You'll likely loose 80% of it as soon as you give birth and the rest while bf-ing. This is my second pregnancy and at 17 weeks I've gained 11 pounds. But I started at a bmi of 23 so I have less to gain as I have lots if reserves for babies and I:haha: Sometimes you go through hormone surges, especially in second tri, that make you more hungry. Some women are often sick or exhausted in first tri, third tri there's no rom for food and eating needs to be very small amounts frequently, second tri there's room for food still and babies go through major growth spurts. Hope that helps xx

I've gained 10 lbs and am 16 weeks. I gained like 8 of those lbs in 3 weeks lol. It fluctuates sometimes you will put it on fast and then it slows. I gained 45 lbs with my first pregnancy. My doctor wasn't concerned though as I'm a small person. He said if I was overweight to begin with it would be more of a concern but smaller women tend to gain a little more then what is recommended. It also came off quickly after baby was born and while breastfeeding. If your midwife isn't worried I wouldn't worry.

i was just at the low end of my healthy weight range when i got pregnant and i was running 3/4 times a week. I've gained a bit more than a stone so far, seems excessive and i've not been running at all, too scared after miscarriages. Midwifes etc have not said anything to me about my weight. I guess everyone is different and i would try not to worry :)
eat when you are hungry and continue being healthy, like previous posters have said, you'll lose the weight once baby is born and during BF'ing. That's my plan.

I was not tiny at the beginning of this pregnancy by any means, 145lbs to start and about 5'5. As of now, almost 18w I have gained 10lbs. My first pregnancy, I didn't weigh 155 until about 32-33 weeks!I was about 10-15lbs smaller in my first pregnancy though.

I'm honestly not worried about it because I have become much more active and food conscious in second trimester now; the first trimester, I was exhausted; I had no taste for raw veggies or veggie juice which was never a problem before; they would mold before I ate them. I didn't want to eat; I'd literally lay in bed eating a piece of fruit, crackers and water because my stomach felt empty (to me, an indication my baby was hungry). I had basically the whole range of symptoms in my first trimester this time around, whereas with our first daughter, I dealt with a bit of cramping, nausea and fatigue for a whopping 3 weeks and then entered the second trimester "I don't even feel pregnant stage" by about 10 weeks.

I have already experienced major fatigue, mild nausea w no vomiting, food aversions, heightened sense of smell, insomnia, cramps, back pain, sinus congestion and excess mucous, bad headaches, heart burn, sneezing, bloating, sensitive skin, everything basically in the first trimester. One big thing different this time: my skin is clear! With our daughter I had bad congestion on my T-zone and had to use a physical scrub because the chemical exfoliants I typically use were too aggravating.

Some days even still I'm too tired to take our daughter out and I need a nap in the day. I just give my body what it needs, and I'm careful not to over indulge too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->