Gallbladder surgery. Do I still need it if my pains have stopped

xdebbie1988x

Reaction score
Hi I am due to have my gallbladder out next week as in April I had an MRI scan which showed an inflamed gallbladder and multiple stones. I was getting quite bad pains and have had it on and off since October 2011 but only found out I had gallstones in march 2012 to due to hospital losing my results of my ultrasound scan in December 2011. Anyway as I said my pains have been on/off sometimes agony, sometimes crampy. But I have not had any agony pains in maybe about 2 months now but had a couple of small crampy ones, nothing bad, nothing that I would even describe as pain really.

Could the gallstones be away, do you think I still need surgery. Thanks

I've never been referred for surgery and had mine a few years now but they take some tough managing! X

Take the surgery. Best thing I ever did.

I had mine out at the end of May. I ended up in the hospital because the stones were moving out of my gallbladder into the bile duct (tube that connects the liver to the intestines). My skin and eyes were yellow. I had no actual pain from the gallbladder itself.

Keep the surgery date.

:hugs:

dont leave it i was rushed in for an emergency removal mine errupted and i was vomiting blood and bile, chills and was so ill, i just had a ham sandwhich late one night and thats when i woke in agony, best thing was having it out, no more problems. i had an old thread on here bout it, all the details etc but its quite old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->