Gallstones & periods, a connection?

Sesity

Reaction score
Hi,

A slightly odd question - for those of you that have, or have had, gallstones, did you notice any connection with your periods?!

I've just realised that every time I have a bad attack & go to A&E, I am on CD1 or CD2! I've been having bad attacks for a year now and only just noticed the connection :dohh:
I've had a look online but can't find any relation between the two. Have any of you ladies noticed a pattern with your gallstone pains? I always start to get 'niggly' pains in the week before my period's due, then at least one bad attack after AF begins. :shrug:

Hi :)

I had gallstones but had my gallbladder removed nearly 2 years ago. I also have irregular periods for about 6 years now but when i asked the doctor who i was seeing for having my gallbladder removed about the connection with gallstones and periods being irregular she said that gallstones have no connection at all with periods.

How long have you had the gallstones for? have there been no mention about you having them taken out?

Heather :)

Hi Heather!

I'm having it taken out in a few weeks, looking forward to it being gone so I can TTC :happydance:.

I didn't think there was any known connection, but it does seem very odd! Maybe my gallbladder is having sympathy AF cramps :rofl:
So, did you ask your Dr about it because you noticed a pattern too?

(ooh, mind if I pm you about the surgery? I have loads of questions & nobody to ask!)

Hi sorry for the late reply, ive not been on here in a few days.

i just asked the doctor that was dealing with my operation to remove the gallbladder if it was connected i thought it might of been the reason my periods arent normal, but obviously wasnt the case.

yeah sure i dont mind you private messaging me, feel free to ask any questions. :)

Heather :)

Hi I have gallstones (having them out Monday woohoo) but have noticed I always get some pain and discomfort around the time of my period but I've put it down to period pains and thinking they are the start of an attack

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->