Gallstones?

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
Anybody else have gallstones due to pregnancy?
I was hospitalised last week after long suffering and being fobbed off with ‘indigestion’. Finally had a scan and been diagnosed. Worst pain ever!

Be lovely to find someone in the same situation to moan to :lol:
My next surgeon date is 6th Nov as I have to be at least 6 weeks post partum, feels a lifetime away.

Diet ideas would be nice too!

I had my gallbladder out a little under a year before I had my first child, and a month before I was pregnant with him. Gallstones are the worst! I felt like I was being stabbed in between the shoulder blades. It was awful.

Diet ideas: nothing greasy or fatty, as that's what can trigger the attacks. Lots of non-processed foods - fruits, veggies, etc. Basically if it looks like it tastes really really good, stay far away from it. Sorry you're going through this right now!

It’s so hard especially with cravings. I sat and cried last night because I wanted chocolate.. Ridiculous I know!

AmyTrisha, so sorry you are going through this. I watched my sister go through it not pregnant. I cant imagine the extra stress that it is putting on your body. I know my sis also had to avoid dairy. There are lots of dairy alternatives though and she is doing great once her gallbladder was removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->