Gaps in your CV

jenny82

Reaction score
What do you put?

I haven't actually worked since November 2009, but was studying until last year and doing other freelance stuff until November 2011. However, haven't done anything since then except have a baby :dohh:

Am a bit reluctant to just put 'On maternity leave' on my CV. Not sure why, but I just don't want this to make me seem as less of a worker :/

I'd just put you've been a freelancer from the date you started up till now. If you were employed by a company then you'd still be an employee while on maternity leave so it's not really any different.

Good point - I'm technically still on maternity leave until the end of June as my MA doesn't end until then!

I've just been on a course and we discussed gaps on cv's I was told to put on mine "raising a family"

I've just been on a course and we discussed gaps on cv's I was told to put on mine "raising a family"

I was going to say the same thing ^^^

When reviewing cv's I don't think 'gaps' are a problem as long as there is a reason (and it's detailed on the cv/application) and that's a perfectly reasonable explanation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->