garlic to treat vaginal strep?

M

mamaofthree

Hi All,

I have recurrent vainal strep c infections, and have been using garlic inserted however i have a few problems with spotting and irritation afterwards but it seems to do the trick.

Has anyone tried this and had similar symptoms?

:hugs:
x x x

I am medically qualified and would not recommend putting garlic vaginally. I am not surprised it has caused irritation.

Please speak to your GP about how to get rid of the infection.
strep can be a naturally occuring vaginal bug and only needs treatment in labour.

xxx

Well there was a fantastic article in the midwifery times re the benefits of garlic to reduce colonization of strep, and although it is a naturally occuring bacteria it can still cause infection. They cultured strep c on three occassions, and i took erythromycin (am allergic to penicillin)and eneded up in hospital with severe serum sickness type reaction. The doctors i saw both recommended anti b's as strep causing burning and awful puss like discharge(sorry tmi) but due to my being very allergic...natural remedies such as garlic and pro biotic yog seem tempting. I am from a healthcare background also, but always look for 'natural' alternatives, just wanted some other experiences and results, but thanks for you reply. It's appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->