Gas problems with formula fed baby

A

AquaDementia

Mia seems to be having some gas issues for the past 2 days. Every time I feed her she pulls her legs right to her stomach and seems just very unsettled. I give her infacol but I don't think it is helping her. I do the winding trick with her legs but it doesn't help much. Gripe water...nope.

She isn't crying at all, just a little bit fussy, but I am worried is she's really feeling the aching in her belly.

I don't know what to suggest hun.
Oscar is windy, he breaks wind all the time. It doesnt bother him though.
He did go through a faze of being fussy with his feed, but I also knoticed that he was falling asleep while feeding, then waking hungry. So I gave him a faster flow teat and he improved.
I've been lucky really, gripe water has always worked for him, when he needed it.
Hope you find something soon.

Newt what you just said about being fussy while feeding...yep that is happening as well! and she tends to fall asleep.
Maybe it really is the teat. She is on slow flow ones now.

It maybe worth trying the next one up.

Oscar struggled with the faster flow a little, but only for the first few bottles. When I say struggled, he cought twice (first bottle) and then for the rest of the bottles he lost a bit of milk.

Milk aparrantly comes shooting out of breasts so she may be ok with it.

Good luck :D

let us know how it goes

have you thought about trying a variflow teat? That way Mia can take the milk at the rate she wants it.

Milk aparrantly comes shooting out of breasts so she may be ok with it.

If they can cope with the breast milk i'm sure she'll be able to get used to a faster flow - Sam sometimes decides to let go of my breast towards the start of a feed and have a look around, leaving about 5 fountains gushing all over the room and his face (this is why I can't feed in public!) and i'm sure even fastest flow teats must be better than that!

I'm not sure if you get it at Wall-Mart in Ontario, but I have little drops called homeocan colic for Josh and it really does wonders.

Also I use the playtex drop-ins bottles so he doesn't swallow as much air as a regular bottle. Hope Mia gets better! x

If they can cope with the breast milk i'm sure she'll be able to get used to a faster flow - Sam sometimes decides to let go of my breast towards the start of a feed and have a look around, leaving about 5 fountains gushing all over the room and his face (this is why I can't feed in public!) and i'm sure even fastest flow teats must be better than that!

:lol: awwww bless

Caitlin was on teat 2 by this stage for 3mnth+ not sure how the bottles work over there :D

Gripe has always worked for us with Caitlin

Infacol didn't work for us but your suppose to give it around a week to kick in.

The legs held or propped up with a blanket just eases the pain ....tummy massages & warm bath to help with relief although I have not tried this I have read about it.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->