Gassy 1 Month old baby and Formula feeding

NewDaddy4328

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. So I wanted to put this out there so that somebody that knows better can point me in the right direction.

Me and my wife's 1 month old daughter is having some issues with gas and formula feeding. My wife was never really motivated with breast feeding and is pretty much giving up on it other than pumping every couple days or so. Our baby is more than likely going to be strictly formula fed.

She was initially given instant Enfamil NeuroPro formula at the hospital and we don't remember any issues with gas with that. After the first week, we switched her to the powdered version of Enfamil NeuroPro and things have slowly been ramping up since then.

Over the past few weeks we've been noticing that she's getting consistent gas pain cries every so often, like maybe 1 to 2 times a day. Today we had an episode that was really bad and it took a while, a couple extra diaper changes, and a couple more small formula feeds than normal to get her to calm down.

We've tried using different formulas such as Enfamil GentleEase and Enspire, and Similac Pro-Total Comfort for a couple to a few days at a time and they've all seemed to make her gas/bowel movements even worse than the NeuroPro. My wife and I have given up on trying different formulas because they've all seem to go bad.

We even tried Gripe Water for about 3 or 4 feedings in a row one time and it didn't seem to help much. Does anyone have any advice on things to try that couple help alleviate this?

I’m not sure what those forum last are but have you tried a dairy free alternative ? Aptamil Pepti 1 , is half hydrolysed and Neocate is fully (contains no trace of milk) nutramigen is another formula. .Possibly something to look into ?!

My DD2 and DS both have a cows milk protein allergy and would have issues with gas , bloating , explosive nappies .

I hope you find something that’s settles your little one XX

As babybump87 said, it could be an allergy. My son was exactly as you described and I did the same with changing formulas. He wouldn’t take the dairy free formula (it has a strange smell) so eventually I had to just settle on a formula and deal with it. It did get better by the time he was 2 months old but I know how stressful it is! Hope your little one feels better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->