Gassy foods.

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Do you avoid "gassy" foods while you're weaning? Living with my mom and being around OH's mother all the time I get a lot of unsolicited advice, like avoid beans/lentils, avoid brocolli/cauliflower and any foods that give gas...

It makes sense to me to avoid giving her gas but what is your experience? I want her to try all these things :shrug:

lentils are a good source of protein in the early stages of weaning before meat is introduced. I'd say that advice is rubbish. Amelie has had all of those foods.

my advice is to avoid gassy relatives.

try them, and if they don't sit well, leave it a month.

Tbh hun iv never heard anthing like that...i tried them all on my LO and we had no problems xx

I've always heard lentils and beans are gassy... And TBH beans make me gassy too so I believe it.

Tomatoe is ok, but it is very acidy... Its unfortunate because tomatoe stuff tastes good.

I think you just need to give a well balanced diet.

And BTW, you give meat 6 months plus, poultry, beef etc.

Hmmm broccoli and caulflower didnt make Brooke anymore gassy than she usually is.

I give her all sorts of stuff.

I've always heard lentils and beans are gassy... And TBH beans make me gassy too so I believe it.

Tomatoe is ok, but it is very acidy... Its unfortunate because tomatoe stuff tastes good.

I think you just need to give a well balanced diet.

Yeah I know you give meat after 6 months but I want her to also have lentils and stuff in her diet, that's what I like to eat and want her to to try it out :)

no harm in trying them! just make sure you balance her diet... or like someone else said if she gets an upset tummy, stop and try again later.

Oh I didn't know that. Some of the jars I've bought say suitable from 4 months and have turkey and chicken in :wacko:

ya, meat is recommended as a first foor now because of the iron. Here though I dont hink ive seen any jars that say before 6 months. The veggie and fruit say beginner though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->