• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gd- anyone diagnosed really late??

Loulabear22

Reaction score
Just wandering if anyone had been diagnosed with gestational diabetes at a really late stage, what happened? I'm keeping my fx I don't have it, however I had it from 28 weeks in my last pregnancy and this time I passed my gd at 25 weeks, now at 38+3 ive got glucose in my urine samples so they've decided to re do the gtt. I don't see the point In the test? Baby shows she's on the 98th centile anyway but that didn't concern them before and isn't it a little to late to try and 'control' it!? Any experiences welcome xxx

I did the gtt around 28 weeks and failed big time, I was worried I had been hurting baby as I had been drinking sodas and what before then, but the endocrinologist ordered an a1c which tells you how your blood sugar was for the past 3 months and mine was a normal 5.1 so maybe you can ask for an a1c to see how it had been these last few months, since you passed at 25 weeks it will probably come out normal, also it takes a pretty high number before it hurts baby but you can talk to the Dr about any worries

I found out around 34 weeks with my daughter, which is sorta late!

With my first I found out around 35 weeks since I was showing glucose. I was set up with consult a week later and delivered at 37 weeks. My daughter only had a little jaundice but was healthy otherwise.

I was tested at 28 weeks told I had passed..then 33 weeks they call me and say oops we got it wrong u need to come in ASAP. .. at 34 weeks waters broke and baby was born.... he's fine tho ..10 days neonatal and now he's a healthy gorgeous 22 month old x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->