Gender scans at 16 weeks, wrong or right?

Katt36

Reaction score
So I had a gender scan done yesterday. It was the first day of starting my 16th week. Had a private scan done and tech said boy. This would be my third boy and last child. Whether anyone understands or not I am very depressed with the news. Anyway, my husband said he just doesn't feel right about what the tech was saying. She moved very quickly and was ultra negative with her attitude. I didn't see Scrotum only what looks like a penis but
To me it looked like the nub from 12 week scan. Maybe I'm having false hope but will wait until 20 week scan to confirm. Anyone experiences wrong genders at early scan.

It was correct with both of my sons. (done at 15+6 and 15+5)
Usually they are wrong about the girls at that stage BUT I do have one friend that was told boy at 16 weeks and it was another girl.

My gender scan at 16 weeks was comfirmed by the tech at 20 weeks too. Both said girl. And I think boys are probably easier to spot too!

I'm sorry that you're disappointed, as long as you're having a healthy pregnancy that is the main thing though! Maybe this thread would be better suited to gender disappointment. As I know it can be quite difficult and personal for all involved :flower:

I was told at 17 weeks with my son.

With this one I was told at 12.6, 15.6, 18.1 and 20.6 weeks that it's a girl.

Thanks Jennifer :). I probably need to come to terms with the fact that the universe just doesn't want me to have a girl. Sigh. I will brace for 20 week scan to be the same and if some miracle occurs I would be thrilled. I guess life just has its plan set.

I was told boy at 16 weeks, 20+1 and 23+1. Very obvious with each scan.

I was told at 17 weeks with my son.

With this one I was told at 12.6, 15.6, 18.1 and 20.6 weeks that it's a girl.

Thanks Chrissie! Ya I was going to post in gender disappointment but I didn't want to give up all hope until 20 week scan. Thought maybe others had scans that were wrong at some point. Feeling like I'm still on the fence with it all. But thanks for that advice, I did think about posting there.

I was told boy at 16 weeks, 20+1 and 23+1. Very obvious with each scan.

Thanks Shelli! Pretty much what I thought would be the case. Just thought I would get others stories.

You did say the beginning of your 16th week which is technically 15+__... I think that's pretty early to be ultra accurate... Hold out hope til closer to 20 weeks!

You did say the beginning of your 16th week which is technically 15+__... I think that's pretty early to be ultra accurate... Hold out hope til closer to 20 weeks!

Thank you so much for your response. It just feels good to have someone give me some hope! If you go to Gender predictions you can see both scans I have. I will keep you posted. You just made me feel a lot better with your words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->