George Bush

katrina1987

2 boys and Twin girls
Reaction score
What is your opinion on this man and his ways and what has been done in the past?

Erm... i dislike him passionately. As soon as he got into office he tried to finish what his daddy started. A racist bigot who could do with going back to school in my opinion. I think typing 'bushisms' into google explains exactly why i hold that opinion!

Not a fan, simply not intelligent enough to run a country and got elected on account of his father. That said I don't think that Obama is the savior that everyone expected, still a hell of alot better than Bush. However my good friend from america was doing alot better in the bush times. the healthcare reform has completely screwed her mother and herself over (her mother has cancer and she has a chronic illness)

Not a fan, simply not intelligent enough to run a country and got elected on account of his father. That said I don't think that Obama is the savior that everyone expected, still a hell of alot better than Bush. However my good friend from america was doing alot better in the bush times. the healthcare reform has completely screwed her mother and herself over (her mother has cancer and she has a chronic illness)

This I'm interested in! Can you explain how? :shrug: I thought the healthcare reform gave access to healthcare. I didn't realise it took it away so am very interested to learn about this. :flower:

As for people doing better under Bush. No country can have steady growth forever. Its plain and simple economics. There will be ups and downs and the downturn had already started during the bush administration. No president can simply turn things around like people expected Obama to do in this regard.

Oh, and I don't like Bush. Because he's an idiot but also because I thought he was incompetent and primarily because I disagree with republican policies. Not all. But most.

The man is a walking disaster, agree with Jopey.

V xxx

Yes he's an illiterate moron. Though not a lot worse than our own current shining premiership examples!

My favourite bushism (well, one of them!)

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

:rofl: What a fucking idiot.

"I've been in the Bible every day since I've been the president." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008

"This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." --George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008

"We want people owning their home -- we want people owning a businesses." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 18, 2008

Just seen him on BBC news this morning and it was quite amusing wehn Kanye west accusd him of being racist and the fact he had no answer to why he didn't apologise to America that there was actually no weapons of mass distruction. There never was, all fear tactics all about keeping people behind him, incontrol. Just a prat

Can't stand the man, voted against him, BUT i love the Bushisms we got out of him , because I like to laugh!

(also, I had a "days til Bush is out of office" calendar with funny shit he said in it)

I don't know :wacko: I think I was too young when he was president, and I didn't care (still don't!) about politics.

My husband and MIL, however, love him. I bought my DH Bush's book for his birthday. :flower:

This I'm interested in! Can you explain how? :shrug: I thought the healthcare reform gave access to healthcare. I didn't realise it took it away so am very interested to learn about this. :flower:

As for people doing better under Bush. No country can have steady growth forever. Its plain and simple economics. There will be ups and downs and the downturn had already started during the bush administration. No president can simply turn things around like people expected Obama to do in this regard.

Oh, and I don't like Bush. Because he's an idiot but also because I thought he was incompetent and primarily because I disagree with republican policies. Not all. But most.

Sorry just saw this now! well they are reasonably well off so they still have access. Because of her cancer she had to get the best healthcare plan that was available which was very expensive already, the insurance companies got worried because they didn't know how many extra sick people they would have to keep on so they stopped doing the highest plan so she had to move companies, the next company she moved to wouldn't cover her particular hospital so she ended up with one that she pays over $20,000 just for her insurance alone. All the switching really stressed her out and effected her treatment having to travel to different hospitals and stuff

Sorry just saw this now! well they are reasonably well off so they still have access. Because of her cancer she had to get the best healthcare plan that was available which was very expensive already, the insurance companies got worried because they didn't know how many extra sick people they would have to keep on so they stopped doing the highest plan so she had to move companies, the next company she moved to wouldn't cover her particular hospital so she ended up with one that she pays over $20,000 just for her insurance alone. All the switching really stressed her out and effected her treatment having to travel to different hospitals and stuff

That's awful. :hugs: I hope she's doing better now. :flower: I've just had someone close find out they have cancer too and they live in the USA. But I think they're quite well off so money isn't a problem.

I suppose as someone who greatly values our national health service (as most brits do) and the concept of health care for all being an ideal I aspire to I would see this as a fault of the insurance companies though. :shrug:

i have a brilliant book called 'the bush dyslexicon' - sounds right up your street!

(incidentally it's an ex-library book which was last taken out on september 11th :shock: ... bizarre)

To quote NoFx, he's the idiot son of an asshole.

He was and is a total embarrassment to the country...

I don't hate him at all actually.

I don't hate Bush, hate is a strong word, but I do find him to be a moron.
I also do not blame him solely for the decision he made, because he never. It was his team who came to these conclusions and he followed blindly. To me, Bush didn't seem to know which end he spoke out of so the decision to go to war definately came from someone else.

That being said, I also do not think Obama is the saviour of the USA. He may be a good president, but saviour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->