Gestational diabetes - Best time to walk?

K

Kellya009

My dietician suggested going for 15 minute walks after meals to help keep my blood sugar levels down (I'm diet controlled GD).

I'm wondering what time I should go though? Like just after I stop eating, or just before I take my BG? I take a 2 hr post meal reading.

Has anyone noticed that walks help control their readings? And when do you walk?

I was put on a constant BG monitor and I'm actually finding activity makes my BG go higher for some reason. If I'm asleep (even an afternoon nap) it starts to drop almost instantly.

I test 1 hour after meals, and I find that walking the last half hour leading up to my test has the best effect. So for you, I'd walk the last 15 minutes before testing. Good luck! I find walking really helps. You may have to play around with it to find what's best for you.

I test an hour after meals and find that going for a walk straight after meals is best for me. I only go for 10 mins each though and then after I have done my last test of the day, I go for a 30 min walk so my morning reading is low as that's my worse reading.

As the pp said, play around and see what is best for you.

We only have to test for a few more weeks - yayyy!! My fingers are getting sore!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->