Gestational Diabetes Question

cait

Reaction score
Hi guys

I was diagnosed with GD two weeks ago but only had my appointment with clinic yesterday so have been measuring my blood sugars since then. Have to do it 3 times a day before meals and once 1 hour after a meal.
So I just measured after lunch and it was above the limit. Do I need to do anything about this (e.g. call nurse) or wait and see if there's a pattern in next few days?

I've been trying my best to cut out all sugar since diagnosis though didn't much advice on diet other than a leaflet through the post.

I was told two highs for one area (like two lunches over thr limit) was my cue to call.

Thanks krissie, that's reassuring. I'll keep an eye on it today and hopefully it'll not be as high after eating.

As you are quite late on in pregnancy I would probably ask for some help if you got another high - I was diagnosed at 36weeks with my first baby and they were keen to get things quickly under control.

With my second my GD developed at 16weeks so the first few weeks of monitoring they more wanted to see a pattern of what was going on.

With regards to your diet it is probably carbs you will need to be careful with as much as sugar x

Thanks for the advice. I started checking after every meal to identify my triggers and seem to have it under control now. You're right about the carbs, once I cut them down my sugars have gone back to ok levels.

I was just diagnosed today but was told to check my levels two hours after each meal..I wonder why it us so different from what you're doing?? Can you ladies tell me what the limit is that you're to stay under?

Amelie, I read that my babies can struggle with obesity throughout life due to my diagnosis. Were you given any info about possible effects on your baby? I'm really worried and my Dr isn't very communicative. :(

Try not to worry - my eldest daughter is 3.5 years old and 2nd centile for weight, she was born little and has stayed little. My second daughter is a little beanpole too!

I did 2 hrs post testing. 1hr post is to see how high your spike is, 2 hours post is to see how your levels are coming down. 2hrs post I had to be under 6. 1 hour post I had to be under 7.8 x

Try not to worry - my eldest daughter is 3.5 years old and 2nd centile for weight, she was born little and has stayed little. My second daughter is a little beanpole too!

I did 2 hrs post testing. 1hr post is to see how high your spike is, 2 hours post is to see how your levels are coming down. 2hrs post I had to be under 6. 1 hour post I had to be under 7.8 x

Thank you so much! I need to stay away from google!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->