Gestational diabetes, what are the chances?

maybaby2018

Reaction score
So this is my second pregnancy. I've lost a lot of weight since having my last baby, 7 stone to be exact! I had to have the gestational diabetes test the first time round because of my weight, this came back negative! But I have to have it again this time round because of how big baby number 1 was, he was 10lb 9oz...with my weight loss etc, is it likely that I will have it this time round? I'm high risk and really hoping for a vbac!

I never had it in my first pregnancy, I was about 2 stone heavier then than my second pregnancy but I actually got it at 36 weeks in that one. So even though I was lighter didn't seem to make a difference.

Now I'm told it's 80% likely I will get it again. So far to 14 weeks i am ok

I don't see why Not? I had natural for both although number 2 with diabetes was induced as he was big for his weeks

Hmmm I'm not sure BUT I had GD with my first baby and I was a normal weight. I gained weight during and after the pregnancy. I am 22 weeks tomorrow and have my GD test in 2 weeks. I was told to expect to have it again. The only difference is I am on Metformin now.

Ive had to have a gtt with every pregnancy due to family history of diabieties all come back negative but with ds3 there was allways glucose in the dip urine test so had to have sugars sloghtly monitored closer to due date x

I've had GD 3 times... diet controlled. The reason baby can be big is because your blood sugar isn't controlled properly. The diagnosis doesn't necessarily mean anything unless you aren't able to keep your levels where they're supposed to be.

Sooo... if you really want that VBAC be in control of your sugars and don't let them go high. That will mean a strict diet. I know I don't want to go on insulin so I can have a home birth and it's really good motivation to keep a really strict diet. It's hard but I've done it twice before and had 2 healthy girls 7.5 lbs and great blood sugars after birth. Take it into your hands and go for what you want!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->