Getting 5-year old out of bed...

Zothan Mom

Reaction score
Hi moms out there

I need some fresh advice. I have tried everything i could think of, but nothing works. Every morning i have to struggle for about 30 minutes or more to get my 5 year old son out of bed so he can get dressed for school. I have tried positive reinforcement, bargaining with him, begging, cutting his play-time, making him go to bed 7pm... nothing seems to be helping :nope:

is it normal to struggle with little boys like this, or am i just being an inadequate mom? (it sure feels that way sometimes) :blush:

I have this with my 4 year old, he's more like a teenager than a 4 year old. I was hoping he'd grow out of it but I guess school in September will only make him more tired and the problem worse!

My daughter is very hard to wake up. Might sound mean but I had to spray her with the water bottle a few times lol.. She does however love to eat and if I have breakfast ready for her she will get right up.. lol

Daniel's a struggle to wake up for school. I tend to go in and put his light on and tell him it's time to get up. I then leave him for 10/15min and then go in again and take his covers off and open his curtains/blinds.

We've found that since changing his bedtime to 7.30pm (from 8pm) that he's more ready to wake up so you could try doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->