Getting body back!

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
It's been 10 days since baby Emma entered this world and I am motivated to get my body back!
Of course I knew that I was going to still have a pudge after birth, and yet somehow was still disapointed. Like I thought the birth fairy was just going to swoop in over night and poof it all away lol.

Well I started my excersises yesterday, proud to say that uterus has shrunk enough where my belly button is again an inny (yay), but I have a few questions for you moms out there.

What excersises work best for loose skin? Or what kind of diet/excersises did you do? And how long did it take for you to be happy again with your body?

Thank you ladies!

If it's truly loose skin, only surgery will truly get rid of it from what people said on the forums over at MyFitnessPal. Losing weight and strength training will help reduce the appearance though. I just had a belly after my pregnancy, so I calorie counted for weight loss (1200+exercise, but a lot of women struggle to maintain that limit, so I don't recommend it for everyone) and exercised for toning (jogging, kickboxing, circuit training, weights, etc). I was back to pre-pregnancy weight right after birth, but had regular fat from before pregnancy, and it took a year to lose that and get down to the 130ish mark with an almost flat tummy. I've been happy with my progress so I haven't been too quick to tackle the last 10 lbs to get back to pre-college weight, but definitely do want to lose it so hopefully it's easier to get back into shape after the next pregnancy. :haha:

Good job on getting started! Since you're so newly postpartum, work on moderation and watching what you eat, and experiment with exercises until you find something that you enjoy. Planking is a simple exercise that does wonders for toning your ab area along with other parts of your body. YouTube has free exercise videos too, like Jillian Michaels. :flower:

It gets WAY better on its own! My belly looked horrible for the first few weeks! By 6 weeks it looked pretty decent but still pretty floppy and rounder than I'd like. Now at 4 months it is not exactly what it used to be but it is pretty close to its old flatness (I think I'll always have a bit of a bulge from now on) and the loose skin is almost completely gone! Again, it's not perfect and the texture is not the same but it looks WAY better than it did at even 2 months pp and I did really not a lot to get it there. I exercised once a week from 5 weeks post partum (cardio/strength intervals) and ate whatever I wanted (but wasn't a pig) and lost all my weight and got my stomach to how it is now. A lot of it is just the elasticity of your skin and genetic predisposition because as pp said you can't really exercise loose skin away. However, I do think it gradually gets a bit better on its own. And I do agree planking is a great idea! Don't get discouraged with how you look now because it actually takes 6 weeks for your uterus to shrink to its original size, and after that your body just still needs time to heal and shrink. :)

The loose skin does go away eventually, I didn't try very hard after DD and my bump went down after a few weeks and after a few months the loose skin followed. I was breastfeeding so was eating more than my normal, it wasn't until I started eating clean and working out that I got it completely flat again. You can definitely do it. dS is 6 weeks and this time around I'm running (not to lose weight, just to enjoy some alone time!) but my diets still bad because I eat a lot during bfing. I'm already back in my smallest jeans but the pudgy tummy is still there.

And I agree with planking, that and squats will work your core. Google 'tone it up', you can get a lot of workouts to do at home through them that I find really good and will help you focus on different areas each day. But abs are made in the kitchen so eating clean is the main thing!

I walked daily and lost all baby weight within 4 mths and also looked better than before. It also got me out and about and kept my sanity. Walking is so so good f9r weight loss.

I started doing yoga and just the normal daily actovities that come with toddlers, running after him, carrying them everywhere, playing etc etc and iv now lost 43 lbs which is half a stone less than I was before I had my first son so basically the least iv been in my adult life.
I would say dont do anything to acrive 10 days pp as the body is still recovering

Pilates, it's Aaaaahhhhhhmmmaaaaazzzing!!!

Ds was 8'1 and I was 114lb at birth so I'd allot of skin. It does shrink back, promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->