getting checked

hopingwaiting

Reaction score
When does your Dr start checking you. I know it really means nothing but its fun to know that things at actually moving along down there

Kind of wondering the same thing myself. Hope someone answers!

Checking for dilation? I think mine did starting 38 weeks but didn't do a sweep till 40 weeks.

Mine starts at 36 weeks. At the same appt she will check for GBS status. I guess she figures since she's already down there she might as well check. That's also when I will start going for weekly visits and she checks each week.

I just asked my current ob about the checks and she said since I went to 41 weeks last time there's no reason to till my 39 week appointment

Mine said whe I asked this last appointment, "36 weeks if you want"... It was very nonchalant. Lol

Mine normally starts at 36 but he started checking me last week at 35 because I had so much pressure

My midwives don't do checks unless you think you are in labor. With dd I was only checked once at my 41 week appointment and she did a membrane sweep at the same time. Dd was born about 20 hours later. :)

My midwives don't check unless there's a medical reason, like labor or assessing to see how effective induction would be if I went overdue. I'm kind of curious, but it doesn't really tell you anything anyway, since you can be dilated for ages and not go into labor, so I'm just trying to be patient.

My doctor usually does at 36 weeks (that's also when weekly appointments start) but at my last one she decided to start my every week appts next week and said she'd go ahead and check me bc I'd be close enough to 36 (35+5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->