Getting frustrated with opks

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I don't usually ovulate but I was put on provera and had a good bleed so decided to get some opks I have been charting for some time...anyways I took the green handle one at 4pm then held til 7pm and did another one and it was so much lighter...what gives...I know I shouldn't really be using two different types of opks but I've been trying to figure the best ones for me as there is a brand called clear and simple that don't work for me...I didn't take a green handle this morning cd 20 which i wish I did nowV

Attachments

• IMG_9938.jpg
    IMG_9938.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9939.jpg
    IMG_9939.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9940.jpg
    IMG_9940.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9941.jpg
    IMG_9941.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 16
Doesn't look like you've O'd yet, I too have been struggling with OPK's and I take Provera to start each cycle along with Clomid but no luck getting a +OPK yet, it's so frustrating

I have pcos. When I used opk's I'd get several "almost" positive opk's a month because my body kept on trying to O. I had to use opk's with a higher threshold (see the back of the packs for the strength tested for, it's usually 10,15 or 20 mlu... I think from memory). The higher thresholds mean you don't get a positive until your body really means it. Other people might need a lower threshold because they make less hormones to need to O. Hope that makes sense - I'm wondering if this is why you see a difference in blue/green opk's?

I also think that testing this often is going to drive you nuts. I've been there. A 4 hour hold and an afternoon test is enough for most people to catch the surge. It should last 24 hours-ish when you O.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->