Getting frustrated with too much milk :/

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Anyone have this??
I am struggling with breastfeeding this time round. I seem to have a ridiculous amount of milk and am becoming so fed up with huge leaking hard boobs! Keep getting really sore spots aswell where they are never empire properly. Don't understand why, I don't express or anything surely it should be stabilising by now.
Any tips on reducing it? I'm close to just quitting but wanted to go to 6 months. Dread to think what's going to happen with them when I try and stop!! X

Putting cold cabbage leaves on your breasts reduces your supply. I did it a few times when dd was really young. Make sure you don't do it too much though.

As far as not emptying, I found that when mine seemed to be like that I changed the nursing position (football hold, side by side, etc). Sometimes I even put lo on the floor and hung over her (like a cow!) and nursed her and it seemed to "empty" out the areas that seemed to stay full with other positions. It sounds weird, but its so hard to explain!

My boobs eventually regulated (I don't remember exactly when) but for a while I was soaking through breastpads, bra and shirt! Very frustrating and also hard to make sure lo got plenty of hindmilk. I had to keep my eye out for green poos, lol. :)

Block feeding, cold cabbage leave, peppermint tea, are all said to reduce supply. Mine only got better around 3-4months. It sucks.

Thanks I will try all those things. Hopefully it will get better! Xx

Block feeding and occasional dangle feeding when there were some small clogs helped a lot for us. I think I finally stopped getting stupid full and leaky by about 5/6 months :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->