• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting paranoid ahead of C-section

Demotivated

Reaction score
Ok I know this sounds stupid, given that I have already been there with my DS but I am getting really freaked out ahead of my elective section this week..
I had a pretty good experience with my DS but it was such an overwhelming thing.. I m getting jitters that I'll probably have hemorrhage or stroke or something on the table, given I have borderline gestational hypertension.. Also getting worried for baby's health...

Pls share your positive/not so positive csec stories.. thnku :) :(

If you're at risk for bleeding or stroke, I wouldnt have an elected surgery but hopefully your OB talked with you about it.

I've had 2 (not by choice), then a vaginal. I would not have another section.

Good luck!

I m
If you're at risk for bleeding or stroke, I wouldnt have an elected surgery but hopefully your OB talked with you about it.

I've had 2 (not by choice), then a vaginal. I would not have another section.

Good luck!
I m not at risk on paper.. I m just getting paranoid.. it has been 4+ years since I had mine and I could really do with some positive stories about a csec :)

When is your c section I’m also very scared I had one 9 years ago I’m scared this time around I told my husband too he said you will be fine

I m

I m not at risk on paper.. I m just getting paranoid.. it has been 4+ years since I had mine and I could really do with some positive stories about a csec :)

The actual sections I had went fine. It was the 1 epidural that didnt work, the staples being removed with the second and then just the recovery of both. Those arent related to the actual surgery though. I got copies of my birth records this pregnancy and both appeared to be typical sections.

I would make sure your preferences are still known and followed. Hold the baby, nurse, dh in the room, etc. For recovery, I dont have advice but to ask for help. Dont go it alone.

When is your c section I’m also very scared I had one 9 years ago I’m scared this time around I told my husband too he said you will be fine
Mine is tmrw. Spoke to my OB and that really helped.. however still getting jitters..

Ok I know this sounds stupid, given that I have already been there with my DS but I am getting really freaked out ahead of my elective section this week..
I had a pretty good experience with my DS but it was such an overwhelming thing.. I m getting jitters that I'll probably have hemorrhage or stroke or something on the table, given I have borderline gestational hypertension.. Also getting worried for baby's health...

Pls share your positive/not so positive csec stories.. thnku :) :(

My emergency C-section (he was presenting hand first, low fluid turned into rupture of membranes/slow leak at 36 weeks) was probably my easiest birth and my second easiest recovery!

I was actually most nervous about the epidural because Dr. D had got a little close the last time and there was some lightning-like pains down to my knee for a second, but that part went just fine. I lost just 200 mL of blood, I remember saying "Not bad for a c-section!" and Dr. T telling me that it was better than most vaginal births. My recovery was pretty smooth after the first 24 hours (when I itched a lot due to the epidural, it's a common side effect) and even better when I got home (about the 36 hour mark).

Now, I'm a surrogate, so I didn't have a lot of the stresses to face that other ladies do, but I was carrying my school bag around without issue (15-20 lbs on a good day) and when I nearly broke my foot a week later (tripped on a curb) I managed a day on the crutches just a 7 days after the section. Just long enough to get home, get in bed, and stay there! The parents' lawyer (who I've worked with 3 times now) told me the story of her second section - the day after getting home with her baby boy, her toddler boy had a potty-related accident at the mall with her friend. She was forced to pack up a bag and her new baby in those heavy-@ss carseats, and go rescue them. (She's a single mom, did AI for her boys.) She said that we can do more than we think, and it's more than the doctors like, but the doctors give us strict instructions hoping we'll at least stay CLOSE to those instructions, but knowing that we might not get to. So try not to let recovery stress you out too much.

I think it's important to remember that with just one section, you'd have few adhesions and a low risk of accreta, and that your doctor is aware of those risks and ready to deal with it. Things can go wrong in any operation, yes, but the actual chances of it happening to you are pretty small.

I believe that you are going to be just fine, that your section is going to go super well, and you're going to be on and sharing pictures of your newest love in just a few days. Big hugs to you, lady. As my coworkers here in Hawaii told me with my three pregnancies here "We got you, so you got this, Mama."

Gh
My emergency C-section (he was presenting hand first, low fluid turned into rupture of membranes/slow leak at 36 weeks) was probably my easiest birth and my second easiest recovery!

I was actually most nervous about the epidural because Dr. D had got a little close the last time and there was some lightning-like pains down to my knee for a second, but that part went just fine. I lost just 200 mL of blood, I remember saying "Not bad for a c-section!" and Dr. T telling me that it was better than most vaginal births. My recovery was pretty smooth after the first 24 hours (when I itched a lot due to the epidural, it's a common side effect) and even better when I got home (about the 36 hour mark).

Now, I'm a surrogate, so I didn't have a lot of the stresses to face that other ladies do, but I was carrying my school bag around without issue (15-20 lbs on a good day) and when I nearly broke my foot a week later (tripped on a curb) I managed a day on the crutches just a 7 days after the section. Just long enough to get home, get in bed, and stay there! The parents' lawyer (who I've worked with 3 times now) told me the story of her second section - the day after getting home with her baby boy, her toddler boy had a potty-related accident at the mall with her friend. She was forced to pack up a bag and her new baby in those heavy-@ss carseats, and go rescue them. (She's a single mom, did AI for her boys.) She said that we can do more than we think, and it's more than the doctors like, but the doctors give us strict instructions hoping we'll at least stay CLOSE to those instructions, but knowing that we might not get to. So try not to let recovery stress you out too much.

I think it's important to remember that with just one section, you'd have few adhesions and a low risk of accreta, and that your doctor is aware of those risks and ready to deal with it. Things can go wrong in any operation, yes, but the actual chances of it happening to you are pretty small.

I believe that you are going to be just fine, that your section is going to go super well, and you're going to be on and sharing pictures of your newest love in just a few days. Big hugs to you, lady. As my coworkers here in Hawaii told me with my three pregnancies here "We got you, so you got this, Mama."

That is one awesome experience to read.. thank you :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->