Getting ready for a dry homebirth - what have I forgotten?

bigmomma74

Its a BOY after 4 girls
Reaction score
Ok, today i hit 37 weeks so am getting my bedroom ready for my homebirth. In a box in my room I have

bucket
shower curtains
disposable bed pads
maternity pads
towels
baby's first outfit and nappy
clean pjs for me
clean sheets for bed

What else do I need?

This is my 6th baby but 1st homebirth so would appreciate help from any experienced homebirthers xx

Thanks ladies x

Is this with a midwife or unassisted?

For midwife home births here, they also ask we have a coat hanger up in a closet in the room (or hanging) just incase they need to use an IV.

I spent most of my labour in the shower so a nice bath robe (I chose a fluffy pink one just for the birth since I was queen for the day!!!) came in really useful.

Coffee + snacks for OH and other attendants. Will your kids be present? Mine was 2.5 at the time and having his favourite DVDs available helped, he didn't want to be a part of the birth. Good luck!

I don't think they will do iv treatment at home in uk, I've never heard of it anyway. Mmmmmm receiving blanket for baby?? Bin bags if your wanting to chuck old sheets, shower curtains etc if you make your bed then cover it with the mats and sheets to birth on you can just chuck it all in one swoop and your nice clean bed in waiting underneath :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->