getting really peed off with cloth

Dopeyjopey

Toddlers are fun :)
Reaction score
I'm just not getting on with stuff and it's costing me a fortune!

A is nearly out of his small ittis but they smell of wee after 30 mins of putting them on even after a strip wash (with the exception of two i've borrowed) :growlmad:

I'm getting on ok with one size pockets (BBs, cushie tushies) but they're mega expensive to stock up on in one go.

He's just outgrowing his bamboozles which were great but i can't really afford to get more :(

Can soneone please recommend me some good pockets that aren't too expensive before i tear out ny hair?

I had issues with pockets except BGv3 and BB so I use fitteds and wraps.

Love my little lambs as they are bombproof and flips, flips took a while to grow on me tho xx

I love the flips too but didn't try them when she was small. How are you washing them? Have you tired Bold 2 in 1?

PS How about giving these a go? https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-BABY-DIAPE..._Nappies_LE&hash=item439e97c39a#ht_9055wt_882 Loads of us have used these with success and I love mine. £31.99 for 9 with free delivery, it's about £2.22 a nappy.

I would recommend flips and ebay cheapies to bulk out your stash :thumbup:

Did you mean that the two you've borrowed don't smell, or that you didn't strip wash those ones? If they're still smelling of pee so quickly (or even at all, I normally don't find cloth nappies smell much ever), I would say that there is still detergent build up in them. Sometimes you need to do an extra thorough strip wash, or even two to get all the detergent out properly. How did you strip them, and how do you wash the nappies normally?

Another for eBay cheapies here, I have 27 (and 8 on the way :blush:) and no problems at all!

oh yikes...that is why i stuck with the good ole' fashion prefolds and diaper covers (thirsties) because all though you save in the long run, starting or maintaining a stash can cost a fortune. :) Hope you find some helpful advice hun.

I normally wash using 1/4 or 1/2 detergent depending on how many nappies i'm washing with a cold prewash and extra rinse. The ittis are feeling a bit crinkly so i'm wondering if it's that - the ones i borrowed are fine! Not feeling crinkly either.

I might give ebay cheapies a go, thanks everyone :) x

I find preloved Fuzzi Bunz are cheap and I LOVE my fuzzi's. Also, dont forget to check your council has the clth nappy scheme in case you can get a voucher to spend!

I only get a voucher if i buy from a shop. I think that's rubbish though, i'm being even more environmentally friendly be reusing someone else's reusables, surely?

If you can get Rockin Green cloth diaper detergent in the UK, it will solve ALL of your stinky problems. I guarantee!!!

(just google them, and go to their website. You might be able to get shipping to the UK! I don' tknow!!!)

GOOD LUCK!!!

I read somewhere that using a dishwasher tablet to stripwash can help remove the buildup? Not sure what that does tho? Anyone know?
Otherwise to keep mine smelling lovely when I stripwash mine I add some nappysan to the prewash then wash at 60 then rinse rinse rinse and rinse some more! A quick go on cool in the dryer then softens them up once in a while.

Someone mentioned FuzziBunz in a previous post and I have to say that we've been using those exclusively with great success! The OSs are extremely adjustable (fits 7 lbs up to 35 lbs) and my DD has worn them up to 8 hours straight overnight with no leaks! I didn't even add in a doubler. Look for the new style FBs because they have a 4 layer insert instead of the 3 layer ones that the older styles had. Just a thought! :)

I LOVE Kawaaii babies, I think thry're called. About 7 quid a nappy altough I've never used them on anything smaller than 16lbs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->