getting rid of ants - how?

xcharx

Reaction score
There's ants in my living room. I can't figure out where their coming from but I'm getting soo annoyed. Just sprayed aloud with disinfectant because their crawling over my daughters toys!!!
Help :(

Cx

we had them in our bedroom (ground floor flat) and all i did was spray them with bleach spray as nothing else was working i sprayed around the outside of the room as i ddnt know where they were getting in - they never came back so must have worked xx

to be able to treat the problem you need to find where they are coming from...

possibly under doors, or any cables going to the outside of your house?

LO hasnt dropped food or hidden anything anywhere thats attracting them? - the toy box? behind tv unit etc?

put ant powder down where you see the most of them, make sure LO cant eat it...

ie put it down in the morning, go out for the day & then hoover it up before letting LO back down to play..

xx

Get baking soda and sprawl the path they are on with it . Plety. and trace it back to see where they are coming from and put even more baking soda on it. Finally get ant bait(the little tin cans that you place on the floor) and place them near from where they come from.

Our carpets red so its hard to spot the lil f*ckers!! They were comin out from being the sofa so I put talc down (something I read off Google) and now there coming from somewhere else!!

Think ill get ant powder tonight or tommorow & put it all round the room before I go bed

Any other ideas incase that don't work??

Cx

argh i feel you! i squish them but i think theyre coming from under my skirting boards :( nobs. its only one or 2 i find at a time, think theyre the messenger ants. I put down some lavander and lemon oil which has helped.

to be able to treat the problem you need to find where they are coming from...

possibly under doors, or any cables going to the outside of your house?

LO hasnt dropped food or hidden anything anywhere thats attracting them? - the toy box? behind tv unit etc?

put ant powder down where you see the most of them, make sure LO cant eat it...

ie put it down in the morning, go out for the day & then hoover it up before letting LO back down to play..

xx

They usually cluster around Where they come out from, I've had quite a problem in my kitchen and living room. There's a spray that works well, Nippon. It's good with kids as when it's dry it fine for them to be around the area. Now we've got the flying ones too ARGH!!!

I have the same problem in my kitchen :( they are coming from outside though, am going to buy some ant killer today and see if that helps!

https://www.wilkinsonplus.com/weedk...QYVg8uhOI/gJxE672Kf5b3kRsK8dpMl9 EHOfClwsHg==

This! It is safe around children once its dry (we spray it at night so its got a good 12 hours even though it only takes about 1) It needs to be done every 4 weeks if the problem is permanent. Doesnt ruin carpets or walls either.

To kill them when they are already in my home, I use glass cleaner. the ammonia in it kills them instantly. To keep them from coming in, I sprinkle cinnamon around where they are coming in and that stops them.

Peppermint oil. I make a spray with water and peppermint oil, and it deters them while being poison free. Smells lush too! I also put a few drops on some kitchen towel and stick it in the nooks and crannies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->