• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting tested by drs if ntnp

MissCloud

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Ok.... So my dear OH and I have been TTC for nearly 14 months now. Thing is.... I dont temp chart and he wont let me control BD levels to every other day.... So I think its more accurate to say we are NTNP.

We had an early MC in december. I was only about 6 weeks.

But nothing since then. Just one bfp in 14 months.

Its getting a little bit heartbreaking not knowing if this is ever going to happen for us. So im wondering if I should go get tested with my OH just to make sure nothing is wrong?

Im in Uk so the nhs wont test before you have been trying for over a year. Does that mean we have to prove we have been temping and stuff?

Thanks for listening. Its just so imcredibly hard doing this on my own for so long.

Xx

Hi me and my oh were TTC for about 10 months when we went to see gp, although I told the gp it had been a year. Like you we weren't really trying to the extreme of temping, ovulating tests etc. It didn't make any difference at all and we were booked for bloods straight away to get the ball rolling. Definatly go and see your gp if your worried.

I don't think you have to prove anything, if you mention it's been over a year hopefully they can help x

Thanks. I guess you're right - i shouldn't have anything to prove, I just have always felt like my drs are judgey. So I guess I am trying to psych myself up for it.

OH and I have discussed it.... we want to keep going on our own for another few months, and if it gets to November then we will go get tested together. We have a big move hopefully coming in the next few weeks if our house sale goes through, so OH reminded me that I shouldn't put extra stress on myself by worrying about this now. Guess he just doesn't understand that my mind is capable of worrying about more than one thing at once! Haha.

Thanks for the support. xx

I think to doctors, having unprotected sex for a year is "trying" for a year - since probably half the people who "try" don't know to temp and stuff, IYKWIM? Just because your definition of "trying" includes temping, etc does not mean that meets the doctor's definition of "trying" (I think they are a bit more loose with it!)

Agree wth misspriss, also I don't think drs expect you to temp, opk etc...

When I was trying for my son I didn't know anything about all that stuff, I only discovered it on here now that I'm trying for #2 lol

I think if it's been a year they will start investigations, that's what they did with us. They wanted to see if it was me first due to not having periods

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->