Getting use to being a SAHM

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
I was a single mom. With my first and in school since he was a month old , so I didn't get alot of time with him at home . This time around I found out I was pregant at the end of my practicum so ie been having trouble finding work .

Decided recently financially it doesn't make sense to have my son in daycare when I can't find work anyways , so next month ill be a stay at home mom and ie stopped looking for full time work and I just stay home .

I'm finding it wierd to be home so much. I've been so use to going to school then work , coming home making supper cleaning , and in general being super busy. Now I get every thing done by 12 o'clock and I don't know what to do with the rest of the day until my son has to be picked up. Even when he's here I have to much time .

anything I can do to not feel so bored?

This probably won't help you right now, but might be helpful once the baby is here and you're looking for things to keep you busy with the baby: I joined moms groups and play date groups in my area. I was able to find them through churches, my hospital (which is fun, because we all have kiddos born within a few months of each other) and through meetup.com. Our school district's Parents As Teachers program also offers play groups. I also found it helpful to take up a hobby, although lately I just haven't had the energy to keep up with it lately. I also do volunteer work when I can, and I was hoping to join a Bible study this summer but couldn't get my schedule to work. If you look for gym classes, swim classes, library activities, etc. you will probably find there are not enough hours in the day!

Until the baby arrives, maybe volunteer, start a hobby, find a moms group where moms get together without their babies (a women's social group, not a play group), join a book club or Bible study...I would take advantage of all the things I would love to do now but can't because of my kids' schedules!

Not sure if that's helpful...hopefully others will have some ideas.

you definitely wont be bored with a baby/toddler. They keep me on my toes and being a SAHM is not as easy as people think it is x

I love being a sahm. My son is in school for 2 and a half hrs each morning so I use this time to tidy, dog walking, shopping... errands/chores basically (beside dog walk, I love that but it's so much easier and I get further without a toddler :haha:)

When I've picked my son up we do things purely for him then like meet friends, swimming, nature walks, cooking, painting etc....

I'm not sure how it will be with a newborn but I'm so glad that I don't have to go back to work after she's born :)

i get v bored being a sahm id rather work part time

Thanks everyone I think it will be different when my sons home and baby is here too.

I have Hobbes I just feel like really do I want to knit for 7 hours? There is a couple groups in my area but they seem to be mostly evenings .

I may look into part time work, plus it'll be extra money for us.

Iv just finished work for mat leave and not planning on going back after (unless our situation changes by then) but I love being ar home DS is at playschool 2 mornibgs and 1 day a week so o use that time to sort the house out ect - then when he finishes we find something to do- not sure what Iit will be like in the summer holidays tho with me being extremely pregnabt and him needing to be entertained :wacko:

I am a sahm. I worked 2 days a week before my daughter arrived. I did work full time for a long time but struggled to fit everything in, so went part time. Since daughter I have not 'worked ' at all. Saying that my husband is self employed with 2 full time businesses which I help with, I also do all the house chores, look after daughter, and have approximately 800 animals so no spare time!!! I can imagine maybe being bored if we had no animals, businesses, garden, smallholding etc as I would 'just' be doing housework and looking after daughter, on the plus side, the house would be much cleaner and tidier!! I love it because while I effectively work full time, I can do it at home, either around or involving our daughter.

At the moment I'm a SAHM, but I'm starting to slow up now due to being VERY pregnant lol. I'll be at home until Christmas probably, if not longer if we can manage as it works really well for us. I also really enjoy it.

I have found that my days that Earl is at school are a lot more chilled and often a lot more productive, but my days when they're both home with me are a lot more entertaining and go quicker lol. I do enjoy it, but I do miss being in the workplace, having more money, having more of a routine etc. However, I think if/when I go back to work I will miss being at home terribly. I love the fact that I get to spend so much time with my children - feel a bit guilty actually as my hubby is a student but is currently working full time as I can't work now, and he's missing the kids terribly. Still, only 'til September, then he's got nearly a month off before he starts back :thumbup:

I am a sahm and never seem to have much time to myself! Recently my son started nursery 2 mornings and I use those mornings to do anything that isn't toddler friendly such as fitness class, food shopping, meeting friends etc. I have done a few online courses related to my line of work over the last few years and that keeps my cv up to date and refreshes my skills to keep them current so that has also kept me busy. I think once we have 2 kiddies to look after we will kept very busy indeed! It's a bit of getting used to having a full time career then adjusting to life as a sahm but you soon get into a routine. I plan on returning to my career one of those days, but I feel lucky to have all this lovely time with my son and hopefully baby they grow so fast! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->