Getting way ahead of myself but...

God you ladies are putting me to shame! Atm ours is looking to be about £11-12k (not 100% sure). So far we have been paying for it all ourselves but OH's parents mentioned the other day that they might make a small donation. We hadn't intended to spend this much but it sort of grew. And we are having around 50 day guests and 100 evening though it may be more which we've had to include in our budget to pay for the extra food.

Modified I Love your dress! Want one like that so bad :(

Quick question for you ladies, how did you work out what you could spend? Did you have it saved first or did you save along the way? I'm only having 10-15 guests and don't like to dance so any suggestions would be great about that! Any suggestions for keeping costs down?

Sorry for taking over thread!!

We've just spent as we've gone along. Chosen what we wanted then figure out how to pay for it later :rofl:

Smileyfaces my OH hasn't even proposed yet but we've already booked our wedding 😳
So far ours is costing around £18000 😳😳 you ladies are putting me to shame!!

Smileyfaces my OH hasn't even proposed yet but we've already booked our wedding 😳
So far ours is costing around £18000 😳😳 you ladies are putting me to shame!!

:rofl: omg hahahaha

I think ours wil be about £5000 :cry: so much money on one day, it's scary. We got our venue for around half price becuase we getting married in January so that £2016, for 3 course meal with 50 day guests and an additional 50 evening. I go my dress half price as ex display in sale so for £500 instead off £1000, our photographer costing £500 instead of £1200 because it's A January wedding. We spending a lot on the band which I really didn't want to, but then I went to a wedding and they were playing and were amazing. A member is also my mums cousin so we know they are reliable. Family friends are doing invites, favours and flowers for us......we just have to pay for the flowers but not the labour:haha: we very lucky:thumbup:

Both!!!! Haha :rofl:

We only plan on doing it once and can afford it so we're going all out ha!
We've known each other 10 years, together 6, we're practically married already so we just thought 'why not?' It was his idea to book it x

Hehe love the idea of booking the wedding before the proposal CakeCottage :winkwink:.

As far as working out what we could afford...we are saving as we go and so far it's working out ok. We know what we can afford to save each month and I set up a spreadsheet with everything we need and rough guesstimates of what it will cost. It has increases a lot from what we started with though. Prob my fault as I keep seeing ideas I love! Have had to rein myself in at times! But I do also look to save money where I can too or I'm sure we could have spent a lot more!

Haha thanks kittiecat, we're not the most conventional couple, it took us 4 years to get together even though we both knew we wanted to be together ha!
My mum is helping out a hell of a lot and I've already started to buy bits and bobs so we can spread the cost x

Haha thanks kittiecat, we're not the most conventional couple, it took us 4 years to get together even though we both knew we wanted to be together ha!
My mum is helping out a hell of a lot and I've already started to buy bits and bobs so we can spread the cost x

That's good then! We're not very conventional either :lol:. We've been engaged since 2011 but just couldn't afford to do the wedding till now. We have had a pretty up and down relationship in the past and have been through a lot but we always came through it despite people saying we wouldn't :). I'm so excited we are finally getting married. I'm also so happy we can afford the wedding that we really want. We planned before but tried to do it for a lot cheaper with a registry office wedding and a reception at a community hall but it just wasn't what we wanted and my heart was never in it. The registry office was small and dingy and the hall was shabby too. But this time we love our venue. No it's not our dream one as that would've cost £10k just for the venue :lol: but it's a venue we are happy with :). And like you said we only plan to do it once and it's not like we have children which would limit us money wise. Are you still TTC btw? I've seen you on wellsk's journal before :lol:

Venues are so expensive aren't they?! Ours is costing £13000 but that's for 96 day guests and 150 evening - ceremony/catering/drinks/canapés/chair covers and sashes/sweet cart/master of ceremonies/starlight dance floor and dj.
I thought I recognised your username, yes we're still TTC until the end of this year and if no luck we'll WTT until after the wedding u? X

Venues are so expensive aren't they?! Ours is costing £13000 but that's for 96 day guests and 150 evening - ceremony/catering/drinks/canapés/chair covers and sashes/sweet cart/master of ceremonies/starlight dance floor and dj.
I thought I recognised your username, yes we're still TTC until the end of this year and if no luck we'll WTT until after the wedding u? X

Wow that is a lot but worth it if it's your dream venue! I was just too impatient to wait and save for the dream venue :lol:. Ours is nearly £4k and I'm happy with it. It's a lovely country manor set in a leisure park with lodges and lovely grounds. The guests get a welcome drink with canapés, three course wedding breakfast with a glass of wine and a drink to toast for speeches. Then we get an evening buffet with the disco. And that's for 50 odd day guests and 100 evening but we will prob end up paying for more as OH has a large family :lol:. Plus we get the chair covers, sashes, runners etc. so not bad going! I am jealous that you are having a starlit dancefloor though as that's something we just couldn't stretch too! But we get to stay in a lodge for a weekend which I can't wait for! A weekend chilling in a hot tub :lol:

We are back WTT now until after the wedding as we knew if I fell pregnant we'd have to cancel the wedding as we can't afford both. I'm happy waiting now though. Can't wait to start TTC again once we are married :).

We started on a budget of 3k but it's costing us 10k haha
we have 50 day guests and an extra 30 in the evening.

But im having everything i've ever wanted so im happy :)
x

Sooooo...OH has asked me to show him which engagement ring I like :haha: think I will be engaged soon :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->