Girl's combinations

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Which of these is your favourite or favourites? Also need first/middle name combinations! And it must go with Rory Oscar. New suggestions welcome!

Oh and I know they're a bit odd :blush: Most (Violet, Sunnee, Clara, Lyra, Beatrix) are from books I read as a child and the names have stuck with me.

I like Clara the most from your list, though I'm not sure about the nn Arie. Clara Violet would be nice, or Clara Beatrix

I like Clara, Georgiana and Indigo the best.

Clara (nn. Arie) - Love it!! Love how the nn. is "unusual"
Beatrix (nn. Bea) - Personally not a fan, sorry.
Georgiana (nn. Georgie) - Love it!!
Lyra - Sounds too much like "liar" to me :wacko:
Indigo (nn. Indie) - Cute, but not my fave.
Violet (nn. Olah) -Like both names, but not sure how you get that nn. from Violet??
Thea - Not a fan.
Sunnee (pronounced 'sunny') - Not a fan, especially for a girl.

So, looks like I would suggest Clara Georgiana. I think it flows nicely.
Other middle name options for Clara:
Clara Louise, Clara Mae, Clara Diane

Clara is my fave :thumbup: You seem to like similar names to me so will just reel off a few of my fave girly names

Iris
Lydia
Harriet
Holly
Elodie
Scarlett
Ivy
Florence
Georgia
May

Rose is my fave girls middle name atm!

Clara is my fave :thumbup: You seem to like similar names to me so will just reel off a few of my fave girly names

Iris
Lydia
Harriet
Holly
Elodie
Scarlett
Ivy
Florence
Georgia
May

I love Iris! Harriet was on my list for ages (and I love the nn. Harryo, got that from the film The Duchess :haha:) but it doesn't go with our surname unfortunately! Ivy and Georgia I love too! The others I do like but they don't feel quite right. You're right though, very similar tastes!

As for Rose as a middle name, I'm not keen. It's beautiful but it's the middle name of the moment it seems!

Violet (nn. Olah) -Like both names, but not sure how you get that nn. from Violet??
Thea - Not a fan.

Like Vi-o-let, the way I say it I get an 'ola' sound, but maybe that's just me! :haha:

Iris
Lydia
Harriet
Holly
Elodie
Scarlett
Ivy
Florence
Georgia
May

I love Iris! Harriet was on my list for ages (and I love the nn. Harryo, got that from the film The Duchess :haha:) but it doesn't go with our surname unfortunately! Ivy and Georgia I love too! The others I do like but they don't feel quite right. You're right though, very similar tastes!

As for Rose as a middle name, I'm not keen. It's beautiful but it's the middle name of the moment it seems!

I wanted Iris with Amy but DH would have none of it. You're right- Rose is v popular atm, we will probably use it as its my late MILs name. I also quite like Eliza or Elizabeth as middle names x

Thea - Not a fan.

Like Vi-o-let, the way I say it I get an 'ola' sound, but maybe that's just me! :haha:

Its funny how different people pronounce names. I pronounce Eleanor as Ellen-er, but there is a little girl in Amys nursery and its pronounced Ellen-OR - like oar, lol. Think its quite cute though x

I'd pronounce Eleanor as Elle-in-oar. I love it like that, but as Ellen-er I'm not too keen. It's definitely worth considering, names can totally change depending on accents!

And Amy Iris is adorable!

I like Clara. Jade was called Clara for most of the pregnancy though I did notice it becoming more and more popular :( Anyway it didnt suit her at all lol but its a wonderful name x

Thea - Not a fan.

what about the name Viola then (like the instrument)

of your list i like Clara and the first thing i though when i saw it was Clara Anne

also works with nick name Arie Anne

I voted Clara and Violet, I think they are beautiful. I do actually like Lyra but as wannabe said, it does sound a bit like liar and might cause teasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->