Girls name - need some opinions as I'm torn!

KatyKat

Reaction score
Right, we aren't finding out what we're having, but we're fairly certain that if we have a boy he will be Zachary James.

However, I'm stuck between two girls names. The middle name will be Kate after my late MIL, but we are toying with both Amelia Kate and Eleanor Kate and I keep swinging between them as to which I like best!

I've got plenty of time to make up my mind, but I can see me being in the same position in 19 weeks time the way things are going now........

Thoughts?!?! :wacko:

I'm a little biased as I already decided my first daughters name is going to be Amelia...so I vote Amelia!

Eleanor! I love Elle and Ella and Lena and Nora as nickname options, and Amelia is really common now.

I prefer Eleanor Kate too, and agree Nora would make such a lovely nn! I know lots of Amelia's, it's one of the most popular girls names of the last few years. Eleanor is much more unusual x

Amelia Kate would be my prefered name, it sounds very much like a name that would grow with the child and always suit them, again as pp's have said it would only be the popularity that put me off it.

Thanks ladies, it's close! Looks like Eleanor might just swing it though.........

Eleanor is lovely, its my cousins name but never met another one, she gets el or Ellie for short , i know alot of Amelias born recently ,
just wanted to add i love your boys name, we think ours will be called Zachary Jason x

I like Amelia best, but I would go with Eleanor as it is less popular (which might not be an issue for you). Plus as others have said it has lots of nice nicknames (my favourite are Norah and Ella)

Amelia Kate is very pretty, but if it were me, I'd rather be named Eleanor, since there are lots of nicknames to choose from to kind of "make it my own," if that makes sense?

Eleanor - there are just too many Amelias around us - I also like the nn options!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->