Girls name suggestions

mrspeanut

Pregnant - 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
We are struggling to come up with a name for our little girl, due Sept so at least plenty of time yet!

We have 2 boys already with 'Kings names'. We like the idea of her having a royal or more traditional name to match the boys but there are so many that we've discounted!

We don't want to use: Katherine, Elizabeth, Anne, Mary, Charlotte, Amelia, Jennifer, Claire, Jane, Eve/Evelyn, Isabel/Isabella, Connie, Victoria or any flower names (they've been done lots of times in our family!)

I do want a name that is pretty but strong iykwim. It also can't have a double 'l' (would sound silly with our surname!!)

Any suggestions?! :shrug:

Adelaide nn Addy?

ETA or anything from her full name Amalie Adelheid Louise Therese Karolina Wilhelmina

Thanks ladies, these are great suggestions :thumbup:

Zara, Beatrice, Alexandra, Alice, Eleanor, Phillipa, Georgina, Harriet

Most have been mentioned, but I think good choices are: Beatrice, Sarah, Alexandra, Marina, Charlotte, Sophia, Kate, Caroline

Diana is my fav option! :kiss:

I'm not sure what iykwim means!

But I love the names Alyssa & Aubrey!

Aubrey Hepburn was sort of a queen of her time period! :)

or what about Anastasia? I love that name too & she was a princess! Nickname ana - pronounced Anya! (thats how it was in the cartoon anyways!) :D

Caroline, Regina, Antoinette, Charlotte, Matilda, Christina, Sonia, Elissa, Orla, Rhiannon?

Thanks ladies. There are lots of good suggestions. :) I'm really liking Sophia, but my cousin is called Sophie, is it too similar?

I love Anastasia too but dh doesn't agree. We do agree that we really like long names that can be shortened for a nickname.

iykwim = if you know what I mean :)

We can't have Isabella as my niece is Isabella. I have 4 nieces and between them they've taken most of our obvious name choices! Lol

I too have a cousin called Sophie and a daughter called Sofia. We decided to go with the alternative spelling just to make it a bit different in Christmas cards etc x it's never been an issue as they are in different generations

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the name Sophia!!! What a beautiful, elegant and gorgeous name! You have to name your daughter Sophia, such a beautiful princess name!!
I love the name Sophia Ava or Sophia Alexandra or Sophia Jacqueline.

Beautiful!!!

Sophia is a beautiful name and very regal. BUT it's the TOP name in the US for a few years running now, and will likely come to be top elsewhere in the anglo world soon. Since the whole point is having a name that is timeless and regal, I think at the moment Sophia will sound too generic/trendy since every second girl will have that name (and so dilute its classical/regal effect). I'm in the same boat b/c I liked it too before its sudden boost in popularity. Maybe consider as a middle name, or as a two part first name (Anna Sophia, Maria Sophia).

Ditto Isabella which now because of the idiotic Twilight movies is super popular. Whenever something gets too popular it will quickly turn trashy, alas... So your Isabella or Sophia will have a lot of namesakes running around in velour tracksuits with "Juicy" written across the butt.

So I'd stick with a Charlotte, Alexandra, Helena, Christina, Margaret (maybe a bit clunky), Louisa, Eleanor, Grace (a bit trendy), Therese/a, Philippa. Perhaps also consider Augusta (ok maybe too full of itself), Julia/Juliana, Josephine, Amalia, Irena, Isadora, Annalise.

Diana, imho, is still too wannabe Princess Di. Maybe in a few more years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->