Girls name to match Nora

jessthemess

Reaction score
My first is Nora Nadine. We have a boys name in mind for this nugget already but we are stumped if it's a girl.

I'd like it to be a name people have heard before, but not incredibly common. Where I live very few girls are named Nora but everyone knows one.

I also like a little old fashioned or classic.

Current list:
Hazel
May
Juno
Maple

Middle name would be a family name, most likely Victoria or Eileen.

Ideas?!

I like Hazel and Juno from your list :)

Other ideas:
Ivy
Astrid
Stella
Edie
Millie
Effie
Margot
Odette
Sadie

My mind is blanking, so I don't have any suggestions, I just wanted to say I love the name Nora! Especially the combination Nora Eileen. It sounds so good together.

Hazel and Juno are wonderful names too.

Nelly
Ivy
Iris
Grace
Mabel
Martha
Luna
Fern
Clara
Ruby
Pearl
Daisy
Audrey

My mind is blanking, so I don't have any suggestions, I just wanted to say I love the name Nora! Especially the combination Nora Eileen. It sounds so good together.

Hazel and Juno are wonderful names too.

Our first daughter is Nora Nadine :) but the next one will have the eileen middle name!

Nelly
Ivy
Iris
Grace
Mabel
Martha
Luna
Fern
Clara
Ruby
Pearl
Daisy
Audrey

I loooooove Nelly or Nellie, that was going to be DD's name but my family was really like you can't name her Nellie Nelson haha because that's our last name. And that's how we landed on Nora!

Love Ruby and Luna and Daisy!

Do you think Luna will get too popular with John and Chrissy Tiegan naming their daughter that? It's actually my personal favorite so far now.

I love the name Nora, and one of your top choices Hazel.

I think a pp suggested Sadie and Ruby...those are also great and they compliment Eileen nicely.

I'm not sure if you were hoping for another short name but here are my suggestions:

Emily
Eleanor
Evelyn
Aria
Lailah

Hazel and Stella are absolutely lovely.

Mary/Marie/Maria
Anna/Annie
Jessica
Jane/Jayne
Josephine
Emma
Emily
Rose/Rosie
Daisy
Georgina
Catherine/Katherine/Kathryn
Elizabeth
Bethany
Sarah/Sara
Amelia
Samantha
Henrietta
Harriet

Our first daughter is Nora Nadine :) but the next one will have the eileen middle name!

Oh, I'm sorry, I misread! I thought your first daughter's first name is Nadine and you're thinking of naming your second one Nora :)

In that case, I love Juno! Juno Victoria and Juno Eileen both sound lovely to me.

I also think Ruby, Luna, Aria and Amelia are really nice - as pp suggested. I don't think Luna will get too popular because of Chrissy Teigen and John Legend. I don't feel people actually copy celebrity names that much... At least I haven't come across that many girls called Suri, Wyatt, James, Esmeralda, North etc. And I REALLY expected North to become popular!

Speaking of celebrity children's names - I really like Harper.

My LG is Phoebe, it's unusual but not weird.

Nora is lovely

Love Nora!

I also love old fashioned names my favourites being

Mabel
Ivy
Grace
Dora (although clearly you couldn't use this one!)
Nancy

I think Luna Eileen sounds gorgeous. I assume the name Luna has become very popular in the past years because of the Harry Potter books (I'm sorry if someone has already said that... I didn't read all the way through before posting.)

Alanna
Gracie
Adelaide
Lottie (Lotte)
Luella

My grandma's name was Nora Dell.
And my sister, who was lost in the womb at 6 mos., was named Nora Noelle.
And now I have a niece on my husband's side whose name is Norah, as well as a cousin named Nora. :D
It's a good name. I'm glad you picked it for your daughter. :D

Nora and..

Nell
Nellie
Ivy
Louise
Maisy
Daisy
Cara
Clara
Isabel
Annabel
Sadie
Sophie
Wren
Lauren
Holly

I love older sounding names, Nora was on my girls list for DD2. My girls are Elsie and Edith (Edie), other names I like are Audrey, Mabel, Martha, Nellie, Nancy, Pearl, Ivy, Florence, Margot.

I realize June isnt on your list but i think Nora June sounds perfect together

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"