girls play

alibaba24

Reaction score
Hi everyone

DD has recently undergone assesments for asd

obviously how she plays has crept up on more than 1 occasion

iv pretty much been told they are no testing further for autism because she doesnt have it . well they dont think she does anyway

it has come to my attention though shes not really one for playing house or playing with dollies? she has just turned 5

shes imaginative and plays wit doctors kits etc and peppa pig figures etc but she barely looks at her toy kitchen and never has and dolls well they get left half naked somewhere she tires of them after 2 mins

shes quite the tomboy always running climbing jumping etc as most kids do

anyone else have girls who arent into dolls and things? barbies also get ignored most of the time too

Paige doesnt play with baby dolls or her kitchen, but she loves her Barbies.
Her favourite things to play with are her MLP figures and shopkins. Also, playmobil is a big hit. She loves going outside to play, too :)

She is very girly, but active too

Esther has only recently started playing with dolls. I think that is more to do with the fact that she's at school and the other girls play with dolls.

As your daughter does use imaginative play in others areas then I wouldn't be overly worried.

Neither of my girls play with dolls. They just don't care for them. They tend to just to do colouring at home at the moment. Poppy occasionally plays with her playmobil and we read a lot of books. That's all that interests them at the moment.

My DD hates dolls, fairies, princess, anything overly girly. She always has done.

Even the Disney movies, she's only interested in the non-princessy characters. Like in Frozen, she's not even slightly bothered about Anna or Elsa, she likes Sven and Olaf instead.

She loves animals, dragons, astronomy, chess/backgammon/scrabble, The Sims (mostly for building houses), table-top role playing, Minecraft, and so on. And reading, she's such a little bookworm.

She had a few dolls (Barbie etc.) that we bought her in the past and she just gave them all away lol

Oh and she doesn't like chart music. She likes rock (her favourite song is Dragula by Rob Zombie), and classical, and stuff like Tubular Bells.

thanks guys I guess she is not so unsual after all. I thought my daughter was the only child not to swept away in the frozen mania she is just not fussed for it all all :haha:

thanks guys I guess she is not so unsual after all. I thought my daughter was the only child not to swept away in the frozen mania she is just not fussed for it all all :haha:

Definitely not the only one not to be swept away by it. Esther hasn't seen it and has never said she wants to. I don't get the mania behind it if I'm honest-it's a nice film but I wouldn't say it was the best one.

Definitely not the only one not to be swept away by it. Esther hasn't seen it and has never said she wants to. I don't get the mania behind it if I'm honest-it's a nice film but I wouldn't say it was the best one.

same here when I finally got round to watching it I really thought there was much better kids films around :shrug:

when it was the end of term at pre school before christmas they all got to watch frozen as a treat. well . my daughter did not like the Ice monster so shes watched it one time and was no impressed. before the nursery had her watch it she had expressed no desire whatsoever to see it even though all other little girls were going mad for it lol

Thank your lucky stars! My daughter is OBSESSED with Frozen and so is her best friend at school, it's all they talk about! She's a typical girly girl but I don't know how she turned out that way as I hated dolls as a child.

Thank your lucky stars! My daughter is OBSESSED with Frozen and so is her best friend at school, it's all they talk about! She's a typical girly girl but I don't know how she turned out that way as I hated dolls as a child.

I am kinda glad :haha:

I remember playing with dolls but I was about 7/8 lol !

Hannah does not do Barbie--at all haha! And she doesn't much play with her dolls either but will play with her stuffed animals :wacko: Mostly though she draws and does arts and crafts stuff and ignores all the toys. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->