Give me your simple recipes!

baby_mama87

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My OH loves to cook and even comes in from work and makes a meal. This really bothers me because I'm home with baby all day id like to prepare an cook meals for dinner!

Only problem is I'm not the best of cooks! Lol so was hoping you could help me out with your simple recipes? I have a slow cooker that I hardly use so any for this would be good too. looking for any recipes but the easier the better!

:flower:

Tuna Pasta bake (this is my recipe for six so alter accordingly)

You will need:
2 red onions
2 white onion
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
2 courgettes
A bag of pasta (we use wholemeal)
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
A squirt or two of tomato puree
Cheddar cheese

Method:
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (180 if you have a fan oven)
Chop up all the vegetables and fry them until soft. Add your tinned tomatoes and puree
Boil up the pasta per package instructions
Drain the pasta and pour into a dish
Put the vegetables on top and mix in
Add a tin of tuna (or you could leave this out if you don't like tuna!)
Sprinkle tuna on top

Bake in the oven for 10/15 minutes- until the cheese is golden and bubbling a little on the top! Serve with salad or mixed vegetables.

Spag bol (again this is made for six so you may want to adjust the recipe)

You will need:
2 red onions
2 red peppers
2 carrots
2 stalks of celery
Mince (we use extra lean as it's the least fatty)
2x tins of chopped tomatoes
Lea perrins
Marmite
(this two might sound weird but I think they make it taste divine!)

Method:
Chop up and fry all the vegetables untill soft.
Fry the mince until it has "browned" (about 5 minutes- don't worry if it isn't quite right your going to cook it for a while!)
Add your tomatoes, a good few drops of lea perrins and a good dollop of marmite

You can then either leave it on the hob to cook- or put it in the oven. If you use the oven, make sure it is preheated to 170 (150 with fan ovens). Cook it for 2/3 hours checking every 45 minutes or so and giving it a stir.

After cooking it is best left to cool and re heat the next day- it always tastes much better. Serve with pasta/spagetti

Burgers and homemade chips (this is Slimming world based) This is a recipe for six again.

1/2 burgers per person (we use frozen as they are cheaper and come in packs of eight which is just right for us- the kids have one each and me and their dad have 2)
3/4 good sized baking potatoes
3x tins of baked beans
Chicken OXO cube
Better than butter fry light.

Method:
Slice chips into "wedges" (i just slice thick cuts down the potato) part boil them for 5-6 minutes.
Preheat oven to 200 (180 for fan ovens)
Place the chips on a baking tray- sprinkle a chicken oxo on top (weird but tastes lovely) and then spray plenty of fry light onto the chips. Bake for 15/20 minutes
Cook burgers and beans per packaging instructions.
VOILA! Healthy burger and chips. Never a clean plate in this house when I have made it!

Diet coke chicken (again this is a Slimming world recipe, and based on a meal for six)
4 chicken breasts
2 red onions
2 red peppers
Lea perrins
Tomato puree
Chinese five spice
Diet coke.

Method:
Chop up the veg and chicken- fry the veg until semi soft and then add the chicken and fry until it has a white "coat". Add the puree and mix with the chicken and veg.

SLOWLY add the coat- a little at a time. Stir until its thicken, add a little more, then a little more stiring in between. Dumping it all in at once will mean you are waiting a life time for the sauce to thicken up. Add the lea perrins and chinese five spice (I use a tablespoon full and thats plenty for a recipe for six)

Serve with boiled rice and steamed mix vegetables.

This is the casserole we have been making recently as it's gorgeous! :) It's for two people.

You need:

Four small chicken thighs (any chicken is fine but chicken thighs are my favourite)
Two carrots
Two onions
Two medium sized potatoes
Button mushrooms
Two Knorr chicken stock cubes

Put chicken thighs at bottom of casserole dish. Chop up carrots and onions and put into casserole dish along with button mushrooms. Then peel and dice potatoes and put them in last.

Boil the kettle and pour 500-600ml of water into measuring jug with two chicken stock cubes. Mix until dissolved and pour into casserole dish. Put into pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for around two hours.

It's one of our favourite meals at the moment :D

Not a slow cooker recipe but this quick chicken curry always go down well in our house :)

1lb diced chicken breast
2 medium onions peeled and finely choped
1 garlic cloves crushed
1 carton of passatta
150ml double cream
1 teaspoon ginger powder
half teaspoon cumin powder
half teaspoon chili flakes
half teaspoon tumeric
half teaspoon corrinader powder
hald teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoons olive oil

Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic till softened
Add all the spices ans stir through
Add chicken and cook 5-10 mins
Add pasatta and leave to simmer for 15 mins
Add the cram and leave another 5 mins
Eat and enjoy :D

Thank you these are great! I'm going to print this thread of and try some! That curry sounds amazing!

Xxx

Mac and cheese(morri style)

60g butter
30 g flour,
3/4 litre milk
maccharoni
tomato.
melt butter in a small pot, and put the flour in and let it roast a while then add 1/4 liter milk, and stir
add another 1/2 liter milk and add any cheese you like(grated is easiest)(lots) as well as white pepper and salt and any herb you like(little)
cook maccharoni to aldente
boil the sauce for a few minutes but don't forget stirring
put the boiled maccharoni into a oven dish(or pie oven dish) and add the sauce.
cover it with a lot of grated cheese. and put slices of tomato on top
leave in the oven for about 0.5 h on 200 deg C or until it looks like all the cheese has melted and looks golden crispy

Hi everyone!

My OH loves to cook and even comes in from work and makes a meal. This really bothers me because I'm home with baby all day id like to prepare an cook meals for dinner!

Only problem is I'm not the best of cooks! Lol so was hoping you could help me out with your simple recipes? I have a slow cooker that I hardly use so any for this would be good too. looking for any recipes but the easier the better!

Not slow cooker recipes but very very quick, simple and tasty....

Spinach and pine nut pasta

Cook some pasta of your preferred type. When cooked toss in some spinach leaves and toasted pine nuts, add a small knob of butter and a drizzle of olive oil and a handful of grated parmesan cheese. Mix. Season to taste, plate up and grate some more Parmesan on top.

King Prawn Linguine.

Cook some linguine pasta.

Meanwhile gently cook (fry in small amount of olive oil) garlic and some chillies to taste, then toss in some raw tiger prawns until they are cooked.

When the garlic, chillies and prawns are done, toss them all into the cooked linguine and mix.

Season it with salt and pepper, plate up, then drizzle over a "sauce" made from craime fraiche with a good squeeze of lime in it (the lime cools the chilli down). Sprink with fresh coriander.

Turkey burgers

You'll need turkey mince, 1-2 eggs depending on the amount of mince, breadcrumbs, cranberries and spring onion.
Moosh (technical term..) the mince, egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl until it binds.
Add cranberries and spring onion to taste (I never have the onion in mine, tastes fine without it)
Shape into as many burgers as you need and stick under the grill or on the foreman until cooked through.
Whap on a roll with whatever fillings (usually cheese, tomato and bbq sauce here but whatever) et voila. Healthy, quick, tasty dinner.

This is the casserole we have been making recently as it's gorgeous! :) It's for two people.

You need:

Four small chicken thighs (any chicken is fine but chicken thighs are my favourite)
Two carrots
Two onions
Button mushrooms

Put chicken thighs at bottom of casserole dish. Chop up carrots and onions and put into casserole dish along with button mushrooms. Then peel and dice potatoes and put them in last.

Boil the kettle and pour 500-600ml of water into measuring jug with two chicken stock cubes. Mix until dissolved and pour into casserole dish. Put into pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for around two hours.

Are the mushrooms essential in this? Id like to try it but am not a huge fan! Could I switch them with something else? X x

You need:

Two carrots
Two onions
Button mushrooms

Are the mushrooms essential in this? Id like to try it but am not a huge fan! Could I switch them with something else? X x

Hi, no they're not essential at all, you can put pretty much any vegetable you like into a casserole. I'm enjoying experimenting with different things :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->