• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Give up :(

Sarah_16x

Mum to Jayden & pregnant
Reaction score
Hi I've been with my partner for 5 years and I have a 9 year old from a previous relationship.

I had my son when I was 17 from a previous relationship and then had a miscarriage two years later.

Since the miscarriage I always blame myself that my son missed out on having a brother or sister with a close age gap. Shortly after loosing my 2nd child we split up.

After that my ex partner went onto having 2 other children ones 6 and ones 3 they are both girls. My son isn't really close to them as they are girls and don't like the same stuff he does.

Me and my partner have used nothing for the past 4 years we have gone from using clear blue advanced ovulation test to recently using the clear blue advanced monitor .

He has on off took fertility tablets to try boost his latest sperm results.

He used to smoke since he was a young age and although he says he's stopped now I still think he smokes at work etc.

His latest results from Sperm analysis was

11.8 million Sperm count
6.0 - volume
7.8 - ph
Total sperm per ejaculate - 70.8 million
Total motility 48%
Progressive motility - 24%
Non progressive -24%
Immobile - 52%

We can't afford ivf or any of the treatments.

Sometimes I feel he isnt trying enough like he still drinks not much though

I feel bad that my sons 10 this year and when if I do have another one the gaps goingto be so big and then I will feel exactly the same for the next one thinking their on their own.

Some times I wonder is it easier to just find someone else even though I don't want to but i never imagined just having The one child I always wanted a big family but even though he knows his results arnt good it seems he doesn't do enough to try and get them better :(

My sister has met her partner less time then me and she's married , got mortgage and now got a 1 year old.

I look on mothercare at clothes and prams for the day I can become a Mum again

I've looked at names for a girl and boy

Is it selfish of me for having enough now and even though I love him think it would be a lot easier if he found someone else and so did I he hasn't got children and he could have one if he found someone without one on the NHS ���� my minds a pickle

hiya hun, I feel ya pain, i've been ttc#2 for nearly 8 years now also naturally, I've used both those products you've mentioned although they are good it didn't work for me. Fingers crossed it does work for you though hun. my stories a little different as I have a DD aged 8, and still with her dad, but similar so I didn't wanna read and run, and tbh I cant find no one ttc for nearly as long as I have, so be nice to have someone to talk to. I have polycystic ovaries (although I'm petite) and my partner has Count and mobility issues too. I'm never gonna give up hope as its all I want more then anything so really do know how you feel hun. have you had any tests done on you? regarding TTC/fertility? xx

p.s I always wanted a big family too. why don't you and your partner try maca? good for sperm count and mobility and sex drive. me and my partner just started this cycle. if you love him hun you'll stay and keep trying, but if you don't then maybe your minds telling you its not working. why don't you sit down and try and talk about it without being to blunt. tell him what u need him to do and change to help yous conceive and remember he only has to do it until you conceive not forever. xx

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to have DC2 yet. It's hard to want another one and not be able to have one for whatever reason. Remember - so many things can influence sperm count/motility as well as conception, implantation and every step along the way of pregnancy....I understand your discouragement having suffered primary infertility and several miscarriages. When you see everyone else around you getting pregnant and having babies it IS hard - but you don't know what their stories all are either. As much as possible I'd try to focus on DC1 and what you and your partner DO have together. And...try to limit your time on mothercare, that too might help you feel a little better. Praying for you all.

Bit rude...

Sarah I'm sure you do focus your time on your lil boy, god forbid us seeing our one child that has all our time in the world, wouldn't make us think of another baby. Guess we ain't all human and have feelings...

Some people, try thinking before ya speak, and as I was bought up, if ya ain't got nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all... or just keep ya opinions to ya self.

I'm sorry you took that as rude Jessica...I didn't mean at all that Sarah was NOT focusing on her one child she has. I understand wanting another as I stated...I was merely trying to say, focus on the good that is already in her life right now. I hope Sarah (and you now) understand....

Bit rude...

Sarah I'm sure you do focus your time on your lil boy, god forbid us seeing our one child that has all our time in the world, wouldn't make us think of another baby. Guess we ain't all human and have feelings...

Some people, try thinking before ya speak, and as I was bought up, if ya ain't got nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all... or just keep ya opinions to ya self.

I am sorry to know yr story, and wish yr dreams come true. Have y considered undergoing IVF at overseas clinics, as it's much much cheaper? IVF costs EUR2,500 at the best clinics in Poland and Czech Rep. From what I have read IVF in Mexico is also pocket-friendly. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->